TIMING A P28 FLATHEAD

48ply1stcar

I hired a nation wide professional plumbing company to do some warranty work on the house I recently purchased. I was forced to use them by the warranty insurance company. The supposedly skilled professional plumber used a paste pipe dope on a compression fitting. I questioned why he was doing so as the ferrule is what makes the fitting water tight. He told me in no uncertain terms that the pipe dope is required on all threaded pipe fittings. Needless to say I will no longer call this company.

• 3 years later...

good morning, so I'm trying to get mine 49 Fargo to go, parts came in a box, got it cranking, and now I also have spark, took the carb off as it was flooding all over to see there was no needle in it , but I had the wrong kit so I tried to just get it usable to atleast fire, but no luck, I bumped the engine over till I got compression on the number 1 cyl and my rotor is pointing in the 7 oclock area, so just to eliminate things this should be a good timing for it to run ,, I was tiying to get it to go with some gas in the carb but batter died will try again today just trying to make sure I'm getting things in the right order, they seem pretty basic fuel and spark it should go right I know its making some popping from the open exhaust manifold but it think its just normal noises...