Some updated photos of the ol' girl

Robert Smith

Going to share a few photos of how she's looking now. A lot has changed since March of 2012. 

Here's the dash how it looks today. Better than it did. Still have to take the wheel off and paint it. Just trying to find the right shade of tan to paint it.

post-208-0-88929600-1401440331_thumb.jpg

Edited by Robert Smith
  • Like 2

I also found a rebuilt 201 out of a '41 Plymouth P-12. Motor, transmission and complete on eBay. Pretty nice price and man, this motor runs nice! Had a shop do the swap, came out pretty nice I think.

Before and after:

post-208-0-22816900-1401440668_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Robert the car looks very nice. The engine you swap you did surely improved the look of the engine. Looks great now I need to do mine on both cars. 

Showoff!!!............lol.........seriously tho' you have every right to showoff, it looks very nice, a real credit to you........btw did  you know that your dash pic is reversed.......the steering wheel should be on the other side............o/k.....will go sit in my corner now..........lol...............andyd.

post-612-0-50075600-1401508220_thumb.jpg

• Haha 1

• 4 years later...

Hey, it's been some time since I've last visited the ol group here.

Any way, things are going good. The '40 is doing well and I've managed to really make it a trustworthy ol' crate.

The 218 I posed here is doing just fine, keep it happy and it's about due for a tuneup.

Earlier this year, I finally had the headliner done! I paid a little extra and had quality insulation installed too. So, it's much more tolerable to drive on a warm day! 

Here's some photos of her more recently:

At the LA Air Raid event, Fort MacArthur, San Pedro.

Feb of 1942

Last year's trip to Big Bear Lake.

Leaving the cabin.

2016, up at Crystal Lake, Azusa Canyon for Christmas!

A white Christmas.

In 2015, got new tires, and finally found the correct hubcaps!

Luxury Liner DeLuxe

More photos to come. :)

Edited by Robert Smith
  • Like 2

Nice colourised old pics.......btw, who is the guy in the spiffy coat & hat?..............lol...........your grandad?.........lol..........regards from Oz.........andyd

9 hours ago, Silverdome said:

Looking SWEET. What kind of insulation did you use above the headliner?

Not sure what the guy at the upholstery shop used, he charged me plenty, I'm going to wager Dynamat.

2 hours ago, The Oil Soup said:

You are definitely rockin' that 40s vibe! What's in the pipe?

I think I was puffing on some Dunhill My Mixture 965. 

4 minutes ago, Andydodge said:

Nice colourised old pics.......btw, who is the guy in the spiffy coat & hat?..............lol...........your grandad?.........lol..........regards from Oz.........andyd

Oh Andy, you funny guy! :-p