Back to the 50's

Seeing as it is only 20 some odd days away, anyone making the trek this year that isn't local?

Davin?

Dave?

Tim?

Merle?

Keven?

Paul?

Hank?

:)

I got my registration back and I'm car #9405 and 9406. So over 9000 pre 1965 cars and trucks for you guys to come see!

Edited by Young Ed

Largest car show in the country! I believe last year it was just over 12000 cars. Lets see what else? Fair food? Corndogs mini donuts? Buckets full of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies?

• Like 1

Some day I'll go, but this year the trucks in pieces, and even if it wasn't...I think it would get the trailer queen treatment as its an 11-12 hour drive down from where I live. Got a bunch of friends heading to Devils Lake this weekend... Another show I'm missing

Do they let trucks in that have retained their original paint? 

Paul buy one and let me know :) Of course they do. Its pretty much wide open as long as its pre 1965. The only thing that might not get let in is a really large truck. You have to get extra permission for those.

Just got to You Tube and search for Back to the 50's (make sure it's MN) and watch and watch and watch...realizing the videos have NOTHING on the real thing.

this will get you started:

http://youtu.be/-HLh1DVM_Lw

ill be there for sure. probably multiple days if the weather is fairly decent. IDK if they broke 12000 cars last year or not. Somewhere i heard they were just shy of that but maybe i missheard. Either way it gets bigger every year. they should easily break that this year.

where are you guys planning to park? ill try to find you so we can get a group photo.

• 3 weeks later...

2 days away...weather forecast changes daily...right now:

Fri sunny and 88

Sat t-storm in the area and 86

Sun partly sunny and 81

so it will be completely different tomorrow...

I'll be there most of all 3 days. Usually park by the grand stand ramp, by the Blue Moon cafe. Looking froward to it, this will be my 10th year with my truck there. Very fun show, usually see the previous owner of my truck there, last year he made a open offer to buy it back if I would consider selling it. So far, not yet for sale, but you never know :)

I'll be there most of all 3 days. Usually park by the grand stand ramp, by the Blue Moon cafe. Looking froward to it, this will be my 10th year with my truck there. Very fun show, usually see the previous owner of my truck there, last year he made a open offer to buy it back if I would consider selling it. So far, not yet for sale, but you never know :)

Hey Mike! I always manage to see your truck when you aren't there! I plan to be there most of Fri and Sat too. We will probably park in the lot off Randall

• Like 1

i think my fuel pump is acting up and i dont trust the truck to make it down there and back so ill only be spectating this year.

Its only thursday get that thing swapped out!

x 2 on that. Might be another 'road trip' for us one year Hank!

where ever I live you'll have a place to crash..might be a couch or the floor, but a free place