Rear spring covers

casper50

I have disassembled my rear springs for derust and paint.  I managed to get one side of my spring covers off and can save them the other side was in bad shape before I removed them.  I don't suppose anyone makes these anymore do they?  For a 47 dodge.

post-6321-0-50759700-1401021284_thumb.jpg

Casper50,

I have had 1948 Chryslers for going on 40 years now, and have not seen replacement covers for springs.

This would be a salvage yard Item, I am sure.

Occasionally I see a guy on ebay with a salvage yard in S.D. that would have these.

If I see the name of his place, I'll message you.

Tom

Don't really need them. I have them on a couple of my cars and not on another two. When roads were primarily gravel, I can see the need for them but with today's roads they are not necessary. If I had to remove them from any of my cars that have them, I would never replace them or worry about it. Just my two cents worth.

• 4 years later...

I just pulled the covers off of my 41 plymouth to check on their condition, where covered they look perfect. I am not going to reinstall them, they are not in great shape but if someone wants them you pay the shipping and they are yours.  Dave

I have a 39 Desoto and the spring cover is on the left rear spring and there is none on the right or passenger side.  I also have a friend that has a 39 desoto and it is the same on his car.

Not sure if the passenger side were taken off and not replaced.  I am assuming that the left or driver side might have been installed because of the filler neck for the gas tank pipe and incase there was a leak the gas would get into the spring leafs.

Just a WAG  or wild asX guess.

Rich HArtung