real golfer to the game warden when asked how many time he hit that goose with a 6 iron...7 or 8 times...put me down for a 5

Game wardens are no danger. It's the PETA people who would try to maim you.

The game warden's only gonna give you a ticket unless yer a smartmouth.

But PETA people have no sympathy for humans who eat geese or breathe oxygen.

Golf club?

No way! I wanna 12 Gage.

Them damn geese fight back!

a goose is very much a fighter..but he has but one mode of attack...you can render him harmless in two second and the sucker has no clue how it happened...I had a bunch of African grays here...fantastic watchdogs...

One on one I'm not afraid to take a goose barehanded and break his neck. (Grandma taught me to wring a chicken when I was little.)

But these geese are landing in flocks & they will come after you en masse, so I figure maybe a Street Sweeper would be more appropriate.  ;)

From most useful tool to geese.  What a rabbit hole!  I can go on a tirade about goose and deer overpopulation, which would make a shotgun or rifle the most useful tool, but that's not in the garage or shop (at least not as a primary tool).  I'd have a hard time choosing the most useful tool in my garage - except maybe my handy list of useful expletives...or maybe the mini-beer fridge.  But me and my tools are separated by 800 miles for a while, so no photos.

yah, my grandma used to raise white honkers for sale at x-mas..they get uppity, you just punt them in the breast, you gotta take a wing hit or two but pfft....that don't hurt.

Don't look PP...this is an anti-patina thread......

Tools, much like my cars , I do not care to have rusting before my eye or unsightly/non-serviced condition if and when I can prevent.  Just picked this up for a very good price based on condition and knowing it would take a bit to get it back to what I wish it to look/operate. 

post-19-0-32536000-1434226534_thumb.jpg

Took it to parade rest, cleaned, painted. serviced/lubed and reassembled and aligned.  The miter gauges on the bandsaw table top miter gauge itself and table top plus the speed control dial have been repainted/lettered black with the two Shopsmith badges (speed controller and back access hole) also been repainted with red background..

Thanks goodness for phosphoric acid on the way and stay bars...Bandsaw pictured in first before pic is not quite ready for paint at this time though it has been torn down and almost ready to go back together.

post-19-0-23687100-1434226629_thumb.jpg

Edited by Plymouthy Adams