1950 Chrysler carb dashpot wiring

hendo0601

So the weather here is finally nice enough to get outside and work on the Chrysler. I went to go take the carb off because it needs a rebuild, and I noticed that the wire going from the dashpot on top of the bowl simply goes down to the side of the carb, and then nowhere. Upon inspecting the wiring coming off of the coil bracket/air cleaner support I found a wire that comes from the top (I can't see where exactly it goes) of the transmission around the oil filter, distributor, up this bracket then nowhere. It is perfectly long enough to reach the connector on the side of the carb. I looked at a bunch of pictures online but couldn't come up with a definite answer...and it makes things harder because at some point in time someone replaced all of the wiring on that bracket with all red wires. Last summer when I got the car it ran and drove just fine without this wire hooked up, didn't stall when releasing the gas pedal or anything, but if it was there from the factory it was there for a reason. I just don't want to hook anything up to the wrong place. I would attach pictures I have taken but I am on my phone and there is no way to upload via mobile. Any help or pictures or even wiring diagrams would be a massive help!

Still looking for answers on the carb dashpot wiring, but on a carb related note...I pulled the carb the other day to clean it up a little, and when I reinstalled it I noticed it was pouring gas from the bottom of the bowl. A rebuild is definitely needed. I looked up a lot of places online and found a wide range of rebuild kits usually in the 40-50 dollar range, then I looked at Napa and found a rebuild kit for 29 bucks! I went down on Saturday, they ordered it and it arrived today. I got home and within an hour I had the carb totally cleaned and rebuilt with fresh gaskets, new ball bearings, and a new accelerator pump. I set the baseline idle mixture and reinstalled it, turned on the fuel pump to fill the bowl, and with one flick of the key she fired up and ran smoother than ever before. I think the 1/4 inch of mud I cleaned out of the bottom of the bowl had a lot to do with that. The kit was very complete with good instructions and a nice blown up picture of everything. If anyone is interested the Napa part number is 2-5066A. My carb is a carter b&b number E7L2 and this kit covers a wide range of b&bs.