1954 dodge royal 500 convertible Pacecar restoraton part 1

dodge59

I'm not sure if you consider the Twin Cities far or near but if you come here for a car show let me know!

Ed.

I  plan on  Iola car show for sure . .. maybe" back to the 50's show .. now sure on the date of that one ..but I'll let you know if I'm going to that one.

I think there is a "MOPARS IN The Park" too  in MN.

john

Like Ed, come to the left coast and we have lodging for you, we also have SUNSHINE AND NO RAIN!!!!!

I'd like that  !  but  We'll see . never been to CA.

Ed.

I  plan on  Iola car show for sure . .. maybe" back to the 50's show .. now sure on the date of that one ..but I'll let you know if I'm going to that one.

I think there is a "MOPARS IN The Park" too  in MN.

john

Correct Mopars in the Park is at a county fair grounds south of the cities. http://www.moparsinthepark.com/

"Never been to Ca? You got to make the April BBQ. Country traveler / gold country; several members / San Francisco: reg/ wine country; I'll show you the central valley and high Sierra parks; several goys in Orange County; take trip and blow the cobs out of that. Car.

well .........here we go ...

got 4 hours into installing the door mirrors  today.

had to make the rubber gasket and the attaching hardware  pins out stock steel.  what a job.

I'm amazed in some of the ways mopar did things back in 1954 ..   just CRAZY !

post-5817-0-76865200-1428800837_thumb.jpg

post-5817-0-63422200-1428800877_thumb.jpg

Here is pic of the door sill mouldings I had made up  6 months ago . They are absolutely gorgeous !!

front seat along with the side covers installed ......... carpet is laid.

door sill mouldings are the only thing left to do in the interior..

As soon as the weather starts to warm up some more I can finsih the spare tire cover and ring. there are a few dings  to take and then paint it .

things are coming to a end here soon !  it's been a a long haul !  But it only took 1 year to restore  in and out . not bad  and I was taking my leisure time doing it . no rushing !

time for some cruising !!! :) :) :)

post-5817-0-65950400-1428971419_thumb.jpg

post-5817-0-40211000-1428971487_thumb.jpg

i cant  see the  door sills,,,but  im sure there perfect,,,, retireing this year ?  your  still working and  got  all thsi  done ?? YOU ARE THE MAN,,,,  back to the  50s  would be a great event to see,,,as well as site see and  car see in CALIF,,,  some  full pics of the car when your  finished  would  be great to see,,,  enjoy  cruising  you more the n deserve it,,

oops forgot the pic of the  door sills. here they are .

.... full retirement comes this year . I'm not that fast any more ,  I try to take my time and do  it right the first time now days .lol.

I don't think I can register for  "back to the 50's" . . not this year .

I need to put a lot of miles on this old girl to make sure she is road worthy. that is about a 450 mile trip for me. When is that show?

post-5817-0-20383700-1429020357_thumb.jpg

Edited by dodge59
  • Like 1

oops forgot the pic of the  door sills. here they are .

.... full retirement comes this year . I'm not that fast any more ,  I try to take my time and do  it right the first time now days .lol.

I don't think I can register for  "back to the 50's" . . not this year .

I need to put a lot of miles on this old girl to make sure she is road worthy. that is about a 450 mile trip for me. When is that show?

I believe its the third weekend in June.

• Like 1

If all you have done is "taking your time"--   ;)

Some on here are asleep most of the time--I'm #1 one on that list! :huh:

Nice work throughout!

About time to start showing it off and you need to make room for all the trophy's!

• Like 1

Thanks fstfish

would that be this emblem for a 53 dodge coronet ?

gyromatic which  has the tip toe trans  as you know . mine says powerflite on it  for 1954 .

I searched high and lo for  my trunk emblem with no luck ..

I looked at all the ebay  emblems up there for 1940 dodge and wow ,  those  emblems look like jewelry .  these older cars had so much Class !

post-2491-0-38333900-1429188751_thumb.jpg

Edited by 440roadrunner

here are a couple pics of my  54 dodge  pace car finished.

last thing .......... seat belts are ordered up.

post-5817-0-15425200-1429572163_thumb.jpg

post-5817-0-13274800-1429572448_thumb.jpg

Edited by dodge59
  • Like 1

"she is done"  !!!! :):D:):D

Last items installed today 4-22-15

door sill plates and

seat belts.

it's been approximately one year since I started this  restoration on my 1954 dodge royal 500 convertible Pace Car.

time to cruise  now and show her off ! :)

post-5817-0-26504700-1429829503_thumb.jpg

post-5817-0-33525500-1429829516_thumb.jpg

Edited by dodge59

congrats Dodge59.  Lots of hard work done there.  Enjoy

Thanks Casper50 !!

Yes it was hard work  but,   I just took my time at it and plugged along !

I had a blast restoring the dodge !

john

Is the car now as close to stock as 'is possible'? I'm not questioning your workmanship just asking if you put it all back stock? That is a real looker and will attract a lot of interest.   Been fun following along. TKS

Is the car now as close to stock as 'is possible'? I'm not questioning your workmanship just asking if you put it all back stock? That is a real looker and will attract a lot of interest.   Been fun following along. TKS

Yes pflaming  .... I did my homework and restored everything to a T- just the way it came off the car.... down to the original exterior colors and the correct colored interior seats and pattern . .

You did a fantastic job on the car John. I hope I run into you somewhere. I found a grill for mine at Collectors Auto and Jeff started telling me about sending a guy the upper pieces with all the brackets. I told him you were the person that told me about him. I also found a steering wheel on ebay that only has 2 cracks in it. It is also off a meadowbrook.

• Like 1