Dodge manifold

Mike36

Is casting no.1633423 a 2 bbl. Intake manifold for a Dodge flathead 6 ? I can't find a site for manifold casting numbers. Thanks.

They had cast iron factory 2brl intake manifolds for flat 6 Dodges?

DSC00978.jpg

Wow Ed..... My manifold I sold you looks just as I sold it to you! You ever going to use it?

Bob

Wow Ed..... My manifold I sold you looks just as I sold it to you! You ever going to use it?

Bob

Thats an old picture! In fact I still have the ones you took before I bought it too. I still have the project truck for it sitting behind the garage. Just need to find sometime to drag it home and work on it! I was all set to do it last summer and then the layoff rumors at work started......

Now thats over and done with so maybe this summer.

1robman.jpg

DSC00978.jpg

Thanks! They pretty much eliminate the need for a 2x1 intake,don't they?

This is the one from my 1956 engine...

Thanks,Bob.

Have any idea of the first year they were available?

Were they ever available on Plymouths?

These intakes were used on the '58 Plymouth, and '55-'58 Dodge, 6cyl. Flathead. Casting numbers are 1633423 & 1632462-1. There may be more, I don't know. Got a picture, Ed?

• Like 1

These intakes were used on the '58 Plymouth, and '55-'58 Dodge, 6cyl. Flathead. Casting numbers are 1633423 & 1632462-1. There may be more, I don't know. Got a picture, Ed?

of?

OK....now you guys got me going! I'm going down to my parts bldg and find another one of those 2bbl manifolds.

I think I will paint this last one  up and put it up on the TV for decorations. :) They are a unique and rare intake. At one time I had four of them.

Bob

Thats an old picture! In fact I still have the ones you took before I bought it too. I still have the project truck for it sitting behind the garage. Just need to find sometime to drag it home and work on it! I was all set to do it last summer and then the layoff rumors at work started......

Now thats over and done with so maybe this summer.

1robman.jpg

I'm glad you ended up with it Ed!

Bob, when you dig another out of yer stash ,let us know if the casting number is different than what I listed.

I will check the part# and post it.

I wonder how the factory throttle linkage looked like one of these setups.  I got rid of one recently because I didnt want to have to mess with the different throttle linkage needed..