The Phoenix is awakening / B3B Rises from the Ashes

Jerry Clower..another funny dude..I also got a chance to travel the backroads though his stomping ground...Amite river swamp, Summit, Yazoo, McComb and all the other little burgs there about..pure country....Lower Mississippi at the time I was there was very pastoral setting with rolling terrain and cattle farms everywhere..the police station in one of those towns was a metal 10x12 building....

Anywhere near Clanton in Ford County.......LOL Yazoo City, home of Zig Zieglar

Edited by Fargos-Go-Far

As I recall, Wilson had a cooking show on TV at one time and would spin one of his yarns while cooking.  Seems every meal he made had Louisiana Hot Sauce or wine included in one of the recipes.

Yes that is true he was on PBS for years. I have his cookbooks and make several of his dishes. It is finally chilly here.....so it is just about time for for a big pot of Jambalya ala Justin. Good stuff......warm you to your toes. I garontee! :lol:

Jeff

Ever had possum crossaints? Hmmm Hmmm.

no..but I made possum pate' once...not for real...I took potted meat, mixed a few spices and tad of mustard and bit of mayo and blended it into a paste...put it on the table with crackers as a dip..it was eaten quickly and when I refilled the container...they hit it again and then I put the sign up..possum pate'...it was never touched gain...It was hilarious.. 

• Like 1

no..but I made possum pate' once...not for real...I took potted meat, mixed a few spices and tad of mustard and bit of mayo and blended it into a paste...put it on the table with crackers as a dip..it was eaten quickly and when I refilled the container...they hit it again and then I put the sign up..possum pate'...it was never touched gain...It was hilarious.. 

:D Tim.........like minds? I did something very similar with a potted smoked meat. It was too funny. :lol:

Hopefully we have not taken Paul too far off course .....with this discourse. Paul keep at it. We all want to see the Phoenix rise again.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, those of us on the left coast have to stick tight.  

Still working but Christmas 'to does' really break up the rhythm of work.  I'm ordering new tires for the front, so need to decide on rim colors. The center one is burgundy but looks much brighter on the picture. May have to put these on the truck to be certain.  When one does things out of the box, then little things really become big things. I could just put on nice chrome full caps but that is too normal for this application.  

Phoenixrimstestcolorsthree_zps19dd61b2.j

• Like 1

PP....?????????????????   :eek: <<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>how in the name of sam can you justify painting the stupid rims and yet let the entire body of the truck go to hang and back with patina...you are contradicting your very build...going totally against your own ethics that paint is a waste of time....inquiring minds want to know...put them there ho red ones on...if it is going to be ugly..go ugly first class....your insensible ripple has reached the east coast...

color me totally confused and puzzled    :huh:

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Rims are 'curing'. Now cleaning up glass. Tires on order and waiting for glass company to call back. They have a windshield glass we kept from the beginning, so I only need a door glass and the rear glass.  Soot cannot penetrate the surface of glass but can penetrate the laminated edges.  Oh well, just adds to the tale. 

Door glass

Phoenixwindshieldanddoorglass002_zps4c7b

Door glass

Phoenixwindshieldanddoorglass003_zpsce2a

Clean windshield glass behind the door glass

Phoenixwindshieldanddoorglass001_zps2a23

How about no glass, keep everything "fire burnt" authentic, will add a nice breeze in that Hot California summer heat.

BTW when is this truck going back on the road Paul? and what will Don and Tim do when this thread is answered complete.......LOL

I put two new tires on the front of Phoenix. I always want good brakes and good tires. I have 235 x 75R x 15 ms on the rear and now 225 x 7OR x 15 on the front. They should ride and drive very nicely. Rear tires are 29" and front are 27.5" so that should give me a very slight rake. Will park it on a level area and see what I have. Now glass and some minor electrical and i'm back on the road.

To be Continued.

• 2 weeks later...

Found it.

I like the direction you're going in. My only hopes is that you don't cut any holes in the cab for the lights. or any holes anywhere for that matter. You have a solid truck. If for whatever reason you don't become the life long owner of this vehicle, you'd be doing the world an injustice to be chopping into it. 

I really like the finish on the hood. If It were me, I would wet sand it again and have multiple heavy coats of clear (from a paint gun, not can) on it to really bring the marble out.

In for progress!

• Like 1

Paul, just had a "brain fart", your truck could, or even be mine, but I am too far away from Cal.

Contact David Freiburger and Finnegan, your truck would be a great addition to Hotrods "Roadkill" show, cannot be any worse than some of the others.

They could drive the rubber off the rims, fix on the side of a freeway, then drive the wheel nuts off it in the desert.

In fact they buy cars and trucks. Just sayin.....Happy New Year

post-107-0-64011300-1420040575_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fargos-Go-Far
  • Like 1

Fargo: Will contact "road kill" when completed, tks.
Question: I have a 54 Plymouth steering box, tube, steering wheel, et. al. [1] will that swap into my B3B? [2] OR can i just swap the inside tube that the steering wheel mounts on? I want to use the 53 car steering wheel, that is my reason for change. TKS.

After a bit more research, I will just cut the top off of each tube and weld the 53 "spline" on the truck's tube. Case closed. Will get me someone who is a very good welder and will NOT weld it in my shop! 

May all have a Great New Year!

Edited by pflaming

Fargo: Will contact "road kill" when completed, tks.

Question: I have a 54 Plymouth steering box, tube, steering wheel, et. al. [1] will that swap into my B3B? [2] OR can i just swap the inside 'pipe' that the steering wheel mounts on? I want to use the 53 car steering wheel, that is my reason for change. TKS.

May all have a Great New Year!

Paul, your truck will be too good for the "roadkill" show. I was just throwing a New Years Eve funny your way. But it would be kinda neat seeing Freiburger and Finnegan driving your truck to Bonneville in the August heat, then driving it on the salt full tilt.

Just be happy that today you have a New Year relatively warm sunny weather, as it is 0f here and breezy, we are looking at -30 weather a few nights next week, I find it difficult to take as the years go on.....

Been picking away at completeing my wiring, seems there has bee a LOT of distractions the past two weeks. Got some testing to do then wrap the harness. QUESTION: Are harnesses wrapped for reasons other than cosmetics?

Edited by pflaming