Started the teardown, and now the build up.

casper50

This is the first pattern that I made to standardize where the stripes go.  Upon using the cardboard I believe I'll make one out of thin stiff plastic.  The cardboard gets in the way while marking resulting in missed or more than one line.

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1736.jpg

Got the rims stipped tonight.  Lots of photos.  Is the stincil tape as good as real pinstriping?  No.  But it will to until I find someone that can/will do it.

phots 1&2  stincil tape on.

photo 3 Stincil tape with the clear top removed leaving the 3 gold tape stripes.

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

photo 1 rubbing the tape edges with a round marker to insure that the edges are stuck down.\

Photo 2 green and clear put down with a pinstripping brush.

photo 3 and 4 tape removed.

I'll remove the pencil line once the paint has set for a few days.

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casper50 said:

Got the rims stipped tonight.  Lots of photos.  Is the stincil tape as good as real pinstriping?  No.  But it will to until I find someone that can/will do it.

phots 1&2  stincil tape on.

photo 3 Stincil tape with the clear top removed leaving the 3 gold tape stripes.

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

I really liked the green with the base color,but I really like green.

I do have to admit that the gold sure does "pop" a whole lot better than the green stripes. I could barely see them,but the gold stripes really stand out.

BTW,did you  bake the paint on those wheels,or use hardener with the paint?

Edited by knuckleharley

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, casper50 said:

A bit of a milestone yesterday.  It actually moved under it's own power.  Only in the garage and just for a few feet but, it's first movement.  Too much snow and ice to take it out.  HURRY up spring.

I suspect " HURRY up spring. " are the words most often heard where you live.

3 hours ago, casper50 said:

You might be surprised at how many love winter.  Why would you live anywhere else if you did?  lol

I have no doubt you are right,but I also know that none of them are related to me. I start to get cold when it drops down to 60 F.

Sounds good, I may be passing through on my way to Wasilla, I found a couple of engines up there.  Maybe in the next couple of weeks.  Dave

Homer41,  Boot Hill auto salvage,  13 S. Old Glenn Hwy. Palmer AK.  You're going right by there if you're going to Wasilla. 

I remember a row of mid 50's DeSotos, all with hemis. 

Oddest of oddities, he had two 58 Packardbakers,  both station wagons!

Call first, 907-745-1027

Casper 50,  I can't believe you haven't already been there.

Edited by Niel Hoback
Just one of those things. Brainlock.

4 hours ago, casper50 said:

Never even heard of them.  Before I bought the coupe I was in Wasilla looking at a 56 Patrician 2 door hard top.  Cheap but parts would be really hard to find up here.

I know a guy in ND that has several 55-56 Packard 2dr ht parts cars. He likes 4dr sedans,and has the hardtops as parts cars.

• 2 weeks later...