Started the teardown, and now the build up.

casper50

you should be proud, a lot of work, beautiful car,  they do look better without the bumpers .

frt. bumper and grill are off the 48 here now, and it looks so cool.

your an inspiration,  we have a good old girl to start with, just have to work away on her.

grandson takes everyone that comes out here for a spin around the yard.

they love it and to my surprise he is leaning to bench seat and original wheels   .

love seeing your project , every step of your way 

Finally got the rear bumper wrapped.   Here's some of the lessons that I've learned.

1. Never use cheap vinyl.

2. Either grow 2 more arms and hands or find a good helper.

3. Find some way to secure the object from moving around.

4. Last but not least, find someone that does it for a living and will do it on the side cheaper than a buisness.

I actually went to the only place around that does vinyl wrap and since it's the only place for 150 miles they wanted $750 to do it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

hi casper,

looking great even barefooted :D

I also see you did an upgrade to discbrakes, is that item in another post ? i also want to do it and looking for all the options to do it.

Dan

You sure did a masterful job on that car,and in record time,too!

Did you powder coat the wheels yourself,or have it done professionally?

If you did it yourself,what equipment and materiel did you  use,and where did you get it from?

1 hour ago, casper50 said:

Paid to have it done.  Have no way to heat anything that large to 400 degrees.

Thanks. I see these "home powder coat" guns and equipment for sale all the time at Eastwood and other suppliers,so I was wondering.

Wow. I am both amazed and humbled by the work you have done to the car. I really, really like the styling of this 3 window Dodge! Is the hood longer than average? Or is the trunk just shorter, due to the small cab? 

16 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

Thanks. I see these "home powder coat" guns and equipment for sale all the time at Eastwood and other suppliers,so I was wondering.

I was able to powdercoat my 15" wheels using a home powder coat gun and an electric oven/range I got off Craig's List. The wheel just fit in the oven.

Jim Yergin

th_IMG_1323.jpg

th_IMG_1325.jpg

th_IMG_1329.jpg

Edited by Jim Yergin
add pictures
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim Yergin said:

I was able to powdercoat my 15" wheels using a home powder coat gun and an electric oven/range I got off Craig's List. The wheel just fit in the oven.

Jim Yergin

th_IMG_1323.jpg

th_IMG_1325.jpg

th_IMG_1329.jpg

Are you happy with the results? How long ago did you do it,and how are they holding up?

Which "gun" did you use,and where did you buy it?

I was very happy with the results. I probably did it 8 or 9 years ago. I sold the car a couple of years ago but they still looked good when I sold it. I used a second hand Chicago Electric powder coating gun that I bought on eBay.

Jim Yergin

Edited by Jim Yergin
  • Like 1