Started the teardown, and now the build up.

casper50

1 hour ago, casper50 said:

I found the front set on ebay rechromed for $250.  I'll never find that again I'm sure.  Still looking for a rear bumper that's at least driver quality.

You got a deal. Cost me a little over 300 bucks each to get 48 Plymouth bumper rechromed maybe 7-8 years ago,and they had no pits or dents,and everybody was telling me about what a great price that was.

And P-15 bumpers are a lot more complex and  hard to polish out that the Dodge bumpers are.

Edited by knuckleharley

On 11/14/2016 at 1:57 PM, casper50 said:

Camo works!  Don I can't get the carbs synced.  Rear is in the middle and the front stays just off of the bottom of the sight glass.  What should I be adjusting on the carbs?  

After I dial in the linkage, I fine tune idle screws with a vacuum gauge.  I slowly adjust them to achieve the highest inches of mercury that I can achieve.  I go back and forth with each carb until no more twerking can be achieved.  Every multi-carbed engine that I have built has ran well by doing this....  I will have to do this with 3 carbs on my 1937.  

Your car is looking great so far, I hope that my battery gets me to the last page...  LOL

I probably should have scrolled to the end.  I hope that my be-lated post wasn't offensive.  I just want to help if I can.  I hope that your carbs are finally dialed in.  The car looks AWESOME! 

13 hours ago, casper50 said:

about 21.5 to 22.  You can read a book outside in late June until about 1am.  You can start again around 3:30am.

I would love to experience this someday.  But more importantly, I would love to see the northern lights.  Alaska has some beauty that I really want to see before I expire!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, casper50 said:

Landmark.  Headliner went in today.  Very hard to take a good photo with the limited space in a 3 window coupe.  Really pleased.  This is the first headliner that I've had installed that has no wrinkles at all.  

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

Ok,now it's official. I hate  you. Nobody should be able to do so much stuff so well.

• Like 3

Casper50, 

Lift up an arm, bend it back, and start patting your hand on your back.  You have done a spectacular job on this car! You are going to cherish the fruits of your labor on this restoration!  Great job, very well done.

I am not sure if I will envy you just yet.  When I completely restore my 1938 Plymouth, I hope it turns out just as nice as your car has.  If your job looks better, then I will be slightly envious. ;)

Man o' man- that came out better than two old Plymouths that I have had done at upholstery shops!

Please do not tell us that you also sewed it up! :angry::D

DJ

NOpe. paid a local upholster $1400 to do the entire interior to include the cardboards for the trunk.  He's got it finished except for the carpet.  I did help install it as it's much easier with 4 hands instead of 2. As soon as I get the dash in and wired I'll install the garnish mouldings, door cards and kick panels.  It's almost done.  Need to buy tires, get the rims painted, fix the radio and buy a glove box.  I think that's about it.

Most of the dash is wired and everything is fitted for now.  Radio/speaker needs to come out to be fixed in a week or so.  I am going to try and make the mount for the turn signal indicator lights and I also need to fabricate the light sockets and covers.

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

post-80-0-66321500-1364661717.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

got the rollup windows working okay.  Passenger side still isn't great.  Some photos.  Garnish molding,  one of the mascot and one of the trunk cards that I got installed.

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

Edited by casper50

Did you use a hardener in the paint for the garnish moldings? If so,what kind/brand?