front shock relocation

derek_m

a number of companies make these..their design or TEMPLATE you ask would be proprietary...I personally would not post one and cut into their design and infringe on their means of making a living.  I will go further to say that it is not rocket science and to that end to design one's own mount would be the best bet here.

Some have met with success using F-1 shock mounts bolted to the frame.  Readily available items apparently.  A Forum search will yield more info than I can remember.  It's been discussed quite a bit in the past.  "Shocks" or "'shock mounts" will have results. 

Edited by Dan Hiebert

A fellow forum member, Charlie Akers at www.olddaddy@rustyhope.com sells them as well as front disc brake conversions. I bought a pair from him but never used them as I used the F-1 type ( actually think mine were from a 37 Dodge pickup ?? bought from Dezeldoc on this forum. ), If your interested, pm me.  Cass, alias littlemo... 

Edited by littlemo

i may have not been searching the right terms....but does anyone know of a template for the front shock relocation? looking to make a set of brackets to weld onto the frame. plenty of steel plating here under the workbench....thank you.

402720937.jpg402694574.jpg

I used the Furd F150 front shock mounts, then I made 2 3/8 nut plates to go on the inside

of the frame rails. I fished them up into the frame with a piece of wire. I will at some point

probably rosette weld them in place after I test drive them for awhile. Hope this helps

with your project. :D

402720937.jpg402694574.jpg

I used the Furd F150 front shock mounts, then I made 2 3/8 nut plates to go on the inside

of the frame rails. I fished them up into the frame with a piece of wire. I will at some point

probably rosette weld them in place after I test drive them for awhile. Hope this helps

with your project. :D

every time  i see a pair of these some thing  is messd up one at least one of them,,,im looking for a set  of these as well what all did they come on ?  30s ? 40s? 50s?  trucks?

every time  i see a pair of these some thing  is messd up one at least one of them,,,im looking for a set  of these as well what all did they come on ?  30s ? 40s? 50s?  trucks?

Not being a Furd guy I think they came on early 50's trucks. You can buy repo's at Speedway. http://www.speedwaymotors.com/search.html?query=shock+mounts

:D

Not being a Furd guy I think they came on early 50's trucks. You can buy repo's at Speedway. http://www.speedwaymotors.com/search.html?query=shock+mounts

:D

thanks didnt know  speedway  sold those,,and the  link posted below yours shows one on the hamb,breaking im sure due to him  heating and  bending it,,,