Rear Axle Oil Seals

rustrunner

Need to replace the Rear oil Seals before I go back together with the new brakes, and all on the B-4-KA restore, and cannot find a number for the seal.  Is what I would call the inner Hub oil seal that seals the hub to the rear axle.  Have looked at all the Dodge info I have, and even the blowup of the rear axle does not list this seal.  Have gone through NAPA, and O'Rileys and neither of them can match it up.

Seal is 5 1/8" OD, 4" ID, and 5/8" thick.

Does anyone have a # that I could xref to get a seal.

Again, thanks for all the help - Dan

#1196233 is the factory DT part number for all "K" series 2-1/2 ton rear inner brake drum seals. 1948-53.

Bob

post-302-0-02467600-1393116950_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-76194600-1393117312_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-16469000-1393117741_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-20718500-1393117836_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

Thanks again, this restore has been a real challenge, and this site has been so much help.

Will see if I can get 2, hope to have a rolling frame this week, so I can start putting this truck back

together.

Dan

• 1 month later...

Rustrunner:  Did that seal work out for you?  I just ordered one through NAPA for my B2JA.  I'm hoping this works cuz there aren't a lot of other options through them.  Mike

Mike:

When I took all the numbers to O'Rileys we ended up with a couple of possible National Seal Numbers.  We ordered both Seals, and National Seal 455547 was the correct one for my B-4 -KA.

Dan

The K series uses a larger rear axle and requires a bigger seal than the JA series 2 speed trucks. 

• 1 month later...

Back again on seal issues.

Decided to replace the grease seals on the front hubs of the 53  B-4-KA, and after removing, no # on seal, and cannot find a #.

Anyone have a starting point for me? 

ALSO - Is there a parts manual for this truck that I need to pick up to answer a lot of my questions?

Again, Thanks all.