My thanks to Plymouthy Adams

ouch....I never ever did a side by side comparison of the plastic knob and the chrome one associated with the truck line...would not have considered it to be a difference to the extent of hitting the dash.,...live and learn..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I use the same chrome knob on my Dodge.I think that may be the correct orientation,(shown in Don's photo).Mine is installed the other way and doesn't seem to rub the dash.Either way is okay I guess unless  looking for points...Of course then a person would need the correct knob installed the correct way.

Edited by Ralph D25cpe

I did consult my original publication of the P15 owner manual..while it is disappointing to say that the wiper knob is not clearly pictured, the operation is plainly written for operation on page 14 section 4.   Controls speed of wipers, turn left to start, right to stop.   So if long portion of the knob is pointing toward the seat and you have to move this to the left to turn on the wipers..there is you answer on position.  Sad to say, the wiper mechanism is off my P15 that is anywhere close to stock..my P15 bz cp is electric with intermittent control....thus I cannot do a check.

apples and oranges...but my D24 Town Sedan has the long portion facing the seat, operates left to turn on...BUT..these are electric wipers so may not  emulate the vacuum unit

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

• 1 year later...

now all you got to do is flip it 180 degrees...its a personal preference thing maybe.... :) nothing beats a little shiny bling bling knob..

was very happy to send that along......you, as have others here, have helped me with a few items for my cars over the years...

While searching for the correct knob for my 47 P15 wiper, I found this post.  Is this the correct knob, and where can I find one?

My wiper post is split, about 1/4" diameter and sticks up about 3/4".

post-7835-0-93836500-1432755453_thumb.jpg

bingo...we have a winner...alright Jay tell the man what he has won....OK 46 Ply has won the right to make another posting..... :lol:

correct color and orientation...regardless of how the other people have their set wrongly....lol

Does the lol on the end, mean good luck finding one?

Looks like someone would make a repro?  But so far I come up empty handed.  

While searching for the correct knob for my 47 P15 wiper, I found this post.  Is this the correct knob, and where can I find one?

My wiper post is split, about 1/4" diameter and sticks up about 3/4".

attachicon.gifPlymouth wiper knob post-7278-0-41883100-1418147781.jpg

That's me! Sadly, I think I have the windshield wiper knob installed backwards. I've attached an excerpt from a 1946 advertisement titled "It's Plymouth for Performance," which I think clearly shows the correct knob orientation.

post-7278-0-62866300-1433358943_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't believe that if I didn't see it.  I thought sure the tail of the knob should  point down toward the grille.

that picture is in my opinion just a artistic rendition with liberties taken...read the operation of the device in the booklet..you will get my drift....and the very base knob that they have securing it is 180 out and it is this wedge that makes the knob fit in the position so as to not drag the dash...

Don I still have the very wedge base you need on my desk...I need to get that to you...send me your addy in a PM please