Fire

pflaming

Thanks guys for your responses. Damage pictures are posted in the P15 thread. Here's one. Is there such a thing as "fire patina"? ;)

FIREDAMAGE002_zpsee245232.jpg

Paul;

Glad to hear no one was injured and your home is ok. That is the main thing......everything else can be repaired or replaced.

The flame patina thing might be a bit over the top. When you are ready to repair the truck I got a few extra items you can have including a rebuilt fuel pump. Hang in there my friend we are all thinking of you.

Jeff

Very sorry Paul to hear the bad news - an experience we all dread. Thankfully no one was injured.

So sorry for your loss,  It makes a terrible black mess.  You will swear thats how they make black ink.  it stains everythingIt will take a lot of time to get it all sorted out.  If you have access to  a dump trailer it helps or one of those walk in dumpsters, at least.  Someplace to go with the haul away.  WHEN they release you to do that.

For now your devastation and sense of loss will be over whelming.

I'm so sorry to hear of your devastating news Paul. I'm certain that there are many here who will rally behind you to help you get back on track again. I guess that you are fortunate in a way that the fire did not spread to your dwelling. My thoughts and prayers are with you and family.

OH NO!! Paul I can't say anything that hasn't already been said.. Just be glad that things weren't any worse than they are now. Like everyone has said, Family is not replaceable! It will take time but all else will get back to normal. Prayers are with you and yours.

Paul.....omg......I am so sorry.

I will drive to Reedley....and trailer your truck to the BBQ.

We can paint your truck whatever you want....we can even give it a blue patina if you want.

The lose must be such a terrible feeling......you can have any parts you need from the trucks I have here.

So glad no one was hurt. You're a good friend Paul.

Tim aka 48Dodger    

Edited by 48dodger

Just a brief but very painful followup. First a huge thank you to all. The building is a complete loss. With stucco sides that will not burn, all the rafters and studs are either gone or toast. On the picture below you will see that the 218 cu in I was working on was a 'firewall' between the heart of the fire and the truck and diverted the heat. It appears the truck is not structurally damaged. The doors work, and I see nothing warped.  Even the thin tender grille pieces are OK. Only one tire burned the other three holding air and the gas tank did not blow. There were no flames in the engine compartment yet all wires are melted, so it got HOT. 

But the shop is a mess. It was a lot harder to walk into the shop this afternoon then this morning. I guess your first 'restored' vehicle is like your first child. . .  So now what????? May take a bit of time to regroup. Ironically I was in the process of cleaning and reorganizing so I would not have a fire and to have more room. I threw at least four alley garbage 'barrels' of what ever away last week. It's obvious I did not throw the correct stuff away. Darn. 

Fire4pm001_zps4754a79b.jpg

Fire4pm002_zps3a0ebfc2.jpg

Those pictures are so hard to look at Paul. We are all here to help as already mentioned.

My God Paul.  So sorry to hear about this.  When you get things sorted out,   I've got a good steering wheel and horn ring that are yours.  Just tell me where to ship 'em.  I'm sure you have other priorities right now, but I think that when you're ready, the folks that you have impacted here will get you back on the road quickly.  We're a family all related by trucks.  I wish you were closer so that I could be of more help.  Good luck.  Mike

man, my WORST nightmare!  As others have said, glad the family is ok!  And word on the kitty? 

Anything I got in my pile to help you out Paul, you let me know!

Mark

Paul,

Sorry about the damage to one of your "loved" ones, thank god that it wasn't you or one of your family.

Keep in touch! Help if needed after a sorting out.

You WILL get to the BBQ one way of the other! ;)

Doug