1962 Harley Davidson FLH Panhead:

02td.jpg

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel (employer owned daily driver):

jacn.jpg

And of course, the reason I'm on this forum....1938 Plymouth P6 Deluxe:

xfvb.jpg

Edited by deathbound
  • Like 1

Still looking for something to join the Pilothouse in the garage but I have other toys.

1969 Autodynamics Deserter.

Tube frame mid engine VW 

side.jpg

Weighs 1300# with me in it, 200 HP VW engine, 4:86.1 ring & pinion with close ratio gears.

racerengine2.jpg

Revs to 10 grand 0-60 around 3 sec but tops out around 90 MPH.

It is a monster on the SCCA Autocross races.

racerrunning-1.jpg

This is what it looked like when I dragged it out of the field it had been in for 20+ years

racer_befor1.jpg

I also play with my Yamaha Raptor in the Sand dunes at Little Saraha

DSC02143.jpg

This monster is a buddy's, I crew on it

"VW" powered, Turbo on alky, 2.85 sec @ 120 MPH on a 100 yard sand drag track.

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00609.jpg

• Like 1

Another one of my "other" rides.

012_zps530d3d41.jpg

0072_zpsd6223027.jpg

002_zpsa3c335fb.jpg

Aging yourself there, buddy.  Wasn't the last year for those "old"  square Caprices '88 or so?  Chevy has a Caprice available again - only as a police car.  It's built by Holden and imported.  They're fast, but we don't buy any because they only make them with a console shift lever, and none of our retrofit stuff will fit.  Its not exactly convenient for Oakland County, but did you ever use the driving course they had set up on Selfridge?  I could see it from my office window, which proved amusing on occasion.

Aging yourself there, buddy.  Wasn't the last year for those "old"  square Caprices '88 or so?  Chevy has a Caprice available again - only as a police car.  It's built by Holden and imported.  They're fast, but we don't buy any because they only make them with a console shift lever, and none of our retrofit stuff will fit.  Its not exactly convenient for Oakland County, but did you ever use the driving course they had set up on Selfridge?  I could see it from my office window, which proved amusing on occasion.

I was a reserve deputy for 17 years (1982-1999). Made it up to Sgt. That was the training course they had set up at Pine Knob. I took my 12 year old son out there one day so he could see how they drive. The head instructor took him for a ride around the course. Then he did a 180 turn. Started in reverse, got up to speed, did a 180 and continued going forward. Must have impressed my son. He started his 18th year with our local pd. Right now, he's "on loan" to a Federal department  (3 letters) for four years. Gets an unmarked "company car" to keep at home and has an office.

I was a reserve deputy for 17 years (1982-1999). Made it up to Sgt. That was the training course they had set up at Pine Knob. I took my 12 year old son out there one day so he could see how they drive. The head instructor took him for a ride around the course. Then he did a 180 turn. Started in reverse, got up to speed, did a 180 and continued going forward. Must have impressed my son. He started his 18th year with our local pd. Right now, he's "on loan" to a Federal department  (3 letters) for four years. Gets an unmarked "company car" to keep at home and has an office.

Too cool!  I don't think reserve officers get all the credit they deserve.  Which PD is your boy with?  You'uns do the patch collecting thing?

Too cool!  I don't think reserve officers get all the credit they deserve.  Which PD is your boy with?  You'uns do the patch collecting thing?

My son is with the Ferndale. Mi police. He's had a couple of his chases shown on national tv. One was of him chasing a Harley that was stolen at gun point. Went about 3 miles into Detroit. He bumped him 3 times before he knocked him of the bike. Guy got up and ran and son chased him into a backyard with his car. Says if you have to chase them on foot, you didn't drive far enough. There is a link on Live leak of the chase. Another chase showed him chasing a stolen Neon into Detroit (they always head into Detroit). Guy ended up going south in the 4 northbound lanes of Woodward Ave. Lost control running a red light and slid sideways into the front of a bus. I don't have any patches for trading.

My son is with the Ferndale. Mi police. He's had a couple of his chases shown on national tv. One was of him chasing a Harley that was stolen at gun point. Went about 3 miles into Detroit. He bumped him 3 times before he knocked him of the bike. Guy got up and ran and son chased him into a backyard with his car. Says if you have to chase them on foot, you didn't drive far enough. There is a link on Live leak of the chase. Another chase showed him chasing a stolen Neon into Detroit (they always head into Detroit). Guy ended up going south in the 4 northbound lanes of Woodward Ave. Lost control running a red light and slid sideways into the front of a bus. I don't have any patches for trading.

Funny thing about pursuits in SE Michigan, they always seemed to go into Detroit eventually- even ours where you wouldn't think there would be any ties.  We'd have them head towards Detroit from the Ohio state line, and even had one run to the city from the Thumb several years ago.  Not looking for patches myself, (I've got too many, and I've already got Oakland County and Ferndale), but will send a couple if you and/or your son are interested.

This is my truck in its current condition. Go to get that  ready to drive to the BBQ April 6. 

Trucksteamcleaned004_zpsa5ee51a2.jpg

Learned today of a '38 Chevy 1/2T pickup. If I can buy that I WILL. I rode to high school in this '38. Would want one in a heart beat.

623bb860-2580-46ce-8733-2491165fffb6_zps

These are waiting. Bought the suburban for the bumpers then liked it too much to abandon it, that car follows the B3B: saw the convertible and those are scarce so . . . ; the Caballero, my father's last car, was given to me by my brothers. So those are my 'to be' rides. My wife drives a very low mileage Honda Accord. 

SuburbanNewdoghouse005_zps16484257.jpg

Dealerspicofthevert_zps1847bb10.jpg

Caballero2_zpsef112915.jpg

Edited by pflaming

post-6645-0-25692300-1393736644_thumb.jpgHere be my 1937 Flathead 74, and my 1972 Dart, which my father bought new in '72. 360/904 powered.

post-6645-0-25211400-1393736709_thumb.jpgpost-6645-0-97360900-1393728092_thumb.jpgpost-6645-0-96815300-1393728170_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lumpy

post-6645-0-69630800-1393732712_thumb.jpg

There's my 1946 Ford 9N....with Rooty-Toot the Chi-hau-hau riding shotgun.

ken.

Edited by Lumpy

post-6645-0-18636500-1393734492_thumb.jpgpost-6645-0-72989200-1393734521_thumb.jpgpost-6645-0-99291800-1393734146_thumb.jpg

There's the TT500, 1974, and also the 350XL, also a '74, and it just turned it's first 1000 miles last summer. Also my 1992 BMW R100R, and of course, the one and only BMW Neon. !!!

k.

Edited by Lumpy

post-6645-0-88929300-1393735414_thumb.jpgpost-6645-0-12277100-1393734920_thumb.jpg

And I almost forgot the 1974 Rat-Bug. 1776cc engine, best heads, Weber 2-staged 2-barrel, counter weighted crank, full filter oil system, good cam, and the only used parts in the engine are the connecting rods.

ken.

Edited by Lumpy

post-6645-0-55397600-1393735519_thumb.jpg

Do kayaks count? Here's Rock Lake Red, aka the Rock Lake Special. 16' Riot Performa, Fiberglass, Sweden form. She'll carry 110 pounds of gear, all under the deck, and still slice through rough water like the infamous hot knife through warm butter. She's a great ride. 

ken.

Edited by Lumpy

Don, there is a new car coming out of Atlanta, GA much like this. Can't recall the name, something like Alias or Al_____ something. A two seater  with the passenger behind the driver. 98 MPH. 

post-6645-0-14744500-1393776526_thumb.jpg

Sailboats! I have a MacGregor Venture 21, but as you can see, I've only sailed it in the driveway so far. Don, that little areo whatever it is...those go for the big bucks now. And let's make that steam engine bigger, and hook it up to a generator. That would be cool.

T-Bucket with a FORD engine! YEAH BABY! My heart soars like a hawk, to see that!

ken.

• 2 weeks later...