Let's see your other rides

74Dusted

Here are the vehicles I currently own:

07 Trailblazer SS and 92 GMC Typhoon - The Trailblazer has a 416ci LS3 with heads/cam/built trans/nitrous.. it's my daily driver and tow rig.  GMC Typhoon is still just a V6 but yet makes the Trailblazer seem slow :P

9XpNXOO.jpg

Also have a couple Subaru Brats - 86 with 165K miles I use for hauling the little motorcycles around and just having fun, it also has the rare A/C for this model and power steering, the 83 Brat is all stock with the rare automatic trans with 29K miles on the odometer. Both have the Fun-Tops (T-Tops) and Jumpseats.

oPWDRuX.jpg

e52xTWk.jpg

Also own a lot of motorcycles, About a dozen of them lol.. didn't get into this hobby until about 5 years ago but have already done numerous 1000+ mile trips, including a Phoenix to Michigan ride then around Lake Superior and home on a 250cc bike.

2008 Yamaha WR250R

fKu49ai.jpg

Have 3 of these Yamaha Big Wheels (2x 200cc and a 350cc BW350)

xjJ9YWL.jpg

68hzzGg.jpg

Finally my Ural Gear-Up, this thing is such a blast.  Rode it out to Colorado a few years back with my dog, and last summer my g/f practiced riding it for about 2 hours in a parking lot, first time on a motorcycle, then we embarked on a 2600+ mile trip together (I took 250cc bike she took the sidecar bike)

Hm4zz4A.jpg

fQ7i7v7.jpg

rvaOlCE.jpg

Edited by epix1718

I didn't think about posting motorcycle pics!! This is my 1968 Norton Atlas 750. Lots of engine mods, and now that it's finished; still didn't have cables and stuff on in this pic;  I've decided it's too purty to ride. I have a '62 Norton 650SS for riding, at least as long as I'm still able to kick it over.;)

Atlas.jpg

• Like 4

Here are my other rides:  I bought the '57 New Yorker in '78 - cosmetically it hasn't been touched since  top/paint touch up/interior work in '79.  I bought the '66 Satellite in '81 as a daily driver, did it all over five years later, been doing it over again since '91 (time flies - don't keep a covertible outside under a car cover) - it will be painted this winter and put up for sale in the spring to fund my '41 engine swap and the other old cars.  I ordered the Dakota as my first new vehicle (late '97 model year 'Brilliant Blue' paint) - both my kids drove it to school and it now has 295K on it.  The '09 R/T is my second new vehicle and my daily driver - now has 165K on it.  I put the red Charger police rims on it with my first set of new tires - they get a lot of comments (most get it, some young-in's don't).

NYer.JPG

Sat.JPG

DAK.JPG

Snazzy.JPG

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 7:27 PM, tom'sB2B said:

I have a 1970 Tiger 650. Someday I hope to have it looking as nice as that ‘68 Norton

401BB6EB-E96B-4A6A-9D0C-F82E50F6A709.jpeg

I pray you keep doing what you are doing,  ... If it looked like the snorton norton, means you not driving it.

Tickle your Amal and go for a ride .... my motto  :)

1 hour ago, Young Ed said:

sad you lost your car to the storm! Glad to see you replaced it-looks like you upgraded to the hardtop

Yeah, it is sad, but, as you say, I've "upgraded" to the hardtop, which, back in the day, we called a convertible hardtop. With all the windows rolled down, and no center B bar, it was supposed to simulate a convertible, if you used your imagination, I suppose. 

5 hours ago, Dodgeed said:

Yeah, it is sad, but, as you say, I've "upgraded" to the hardtop, which, back in the day, we called a convertible hardtop. With all the windows rolled down, and no center B bar, it was supposed to simulate a convertible, if you used your imagination, I suppose. 

Were you able to transfer anything to the new ride? I'd want to move the shift knob or hubcaps just to make it my own again. 

7 hours ago, Young Ed said:

Were you able to transfer anything to the new ride? I'd want to move the shift knob or hubcaps just to make it my own again. 

Yup, I retained the wheel covers, fuzzy dice, back floor mats, and owner's manual. When the 'replacement' ride gets delivered next week, I'll be sure to add as much as reasonable from the 'old' to the 'replacement' to make it my own. I understand completely what you're saying. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dodgeed said:

Yup, I retained the wheel covers, fuzzy dice, back floor mats, and owner's manual. When the 'replacement' ride gets delivered next week, I'll be sure to add as much as reasonable from the 'old' to the 'replacement' to make it my own. I understand completely what you're saying. ?

Sad  you lost such a vehicle to the storm, did it destroy your shop/garage also....

7 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

Sad  you lost such a vehicle to the storm, did it destroy your shop/garage also....

Unfortunately yes, the garage was smashed almost flat, and the 56 Club Sedan had its roof crushed into the belt line, all windows broken, trunk smashed, doors buckled out almost in half. 

I also had a Jeep Grand Cherokee in there, and it was totaled too. 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

I posted a coupla pics of my Roadster back in 2014.  They are long gone.  Here's an update.  The folding stowable top is a recent project.

I may never get to the '40 Sedan.  It's perfect for a resto.  No one is interested.

thumbnail (11).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

IMG_0475a.jpg

IMG_0482a.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The end of an era...I have had more random guys offer to buy The Blue Bomber this year than ever, and when Dad offered to sell me his QuadCab that he bought new in '01 (and that I have done the majority of the repair work on), I opened the bidding on this rare beast...I made a pit stop halfway to Houston for delivery to the new owner, and had 2 more guys ask if the truck was for sale...so after 12.5 years of rowing the gears on this fine machine, it's somebody else's turn to have some fun...

large.sm20181119_112710.jpg.d39dd2fa5ed9c56c5eafc61495bf9485.jpg

U-haul computers would not crank out the paperwork for this transport combination, which was a head scratcher to me and the manager, but he finagled and fudged some of the input fields to get me out the door...when I got loaded, I realized why this sort of thing is not recommended... but I took my time, kept it under 55 on the lumpy roads, and checked my straps at every stop and got the beast down there in one piece...

The QuadCab hasn't been driven much in the last 10 years, and the automatic transmission gets sluggish from sitting up until I put a good day of driving on it, then it wakes up again...pulling The Blue Bomber over the hills down to Houston did the trick, and after 300 miles, that QuadCab really came alive as I was doing almost 80 outside of Waco without even trying hard...so it looks like one great truck helped out another...let's see how long I can make this one last :cool:

Edited by JBNeal
revised pictures
  • Like 2

No cancer but the paint is burnt to a crisp on the top half of the truck...the interior hasn't fared well either: when I replaced the collapsed dash in '14, the cross-section of the grey plastic was brown, like it had started to burn from the inside out...it's part of the joy of being so close to the sun 8 months out of the year :cool:

1 hour ago, Merle Coggins said:

Must be so nice to be able to have 17 year old vehicles that aren't a rotting carcass or body cancer (rust). 

This is true, same time we have options in Texas. GM takes care of us. If you want rust buy a chevy.

My 1991 chevy has a rust hole in the roof of all places.  :P

IMG_20181121_104516732.jpg.b556557dd47d64aebdcfc77a6f02baf5.jpg