Let's see your other rides

74Dusted

this is Black Betty

SANY1423.JPG

her sister The Tangerine Machine sits in another bay in the barn...some work has been done to Tangerine, this is the day I rolled her onto the trailer...nothing like a pair of 440's to draw to....

SANY0516.JPG

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MackTheFinger said:

@Dan Hiebert Nice VW!! 

Thankee kindly.  I saw the resurrection of this thread and your post with the red one and remembered (Duh) I have one, too.  Its a little rough around the edges, but I got it to drive and tinker with, not to restore.  Actually kind of neat just fixing stuff on it without worrying about being original or correct.  All stock, everything works but the window washer (because I took it out), runs great, and important for Maine - doesn't leak.  Yours looks a bit...shall we say...rougher.

My avatar is my other toy. A 1976 Wartburg 353 deluxe.  One of seven know in this country, one of three not in museums.

Powered by a three cylinder, two cycle, water-cooled engine, makes about fifty hp. from .998 l.   Four speed trans, column shifted, freewheeling on all speeds. Curb wt. 1998 lbs, moves about quite smartly.  Dual system disc brakes in front, rear drums proportion adjusted by vehicle load. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dan Hiebert said:

Thankee kindly.  I saw the resurrection of this thread and your post with the red one and remembered (Duh) I have one, too.  Its a little rough around the edges, but I got it to drive and tinker with, not to restore.  Actually kind of neat just fixing stuff on it without worrying about being original or correct.  All stock, everything works but the window washer (because I took it out), runs great, and important for Maine - doesn't leak.  Yours looks a bit...shall we say...rougher.

Yeah, that '67s a bit rough. It set in the fencerow at the back of my property for about 25 years. I had to move it a couple of years ago and someone asked me if it ran and after cleaning the carb and putting a new fuel line on the bottom of the tank it fired right up! It's hard to kill a bug!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

this is Black Betty

SANY1423.JPG

her sister The Tangerine Machine sits in another bay in the barn...some work has been done to Tangerine, this is the day I rolled her onto the trailer...nothing like a pair of 440's to draw to....

SANY0516.JPG

Those are super cool!! A Weiand blower through the hood would make 'em more recognizable to a lot of folks.. ;)

I can honestly say I have never watched the first of those movies ever....as a teenager, these were just a couple of the sporty cars the young unmarried military officers stationed at the nearby submarine base was driving...I would see them drive past the school and later filling up with gas at the Texaco station I worked at after school.  Couple Sunbeam Tigers in the group also, 18 years later I purchased and still own one of the very Tigers that drove by daily.  The other Tiger I lucked upon at a swap meet, car was not there but the lead to its location was.  There were a few Daytonas and Superbirds, a Yenko and a very radical Thames but these were more common to the Marines stationed at the nuclear arsenal.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

14 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

this is Black Betty

SANY1423.JPG

SANY0516.JPG

Certainly does draw attention...and two no less with the 440 - lucky man.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:30 AM, MackTheFinger said:

Yeah, that '67s a bit rough. It set in the fencerow at the back of my property for about 25 years. I had to move it a couple of years ago and someone asked me if it ran and after cleaning the carb and putting a new fuel line on the bottom of the tank it fired right up! It's hard to kill a bug!!

The classic VW Beetles are the cockroaches of the automotive world.  No matter how many you kill or mutilate, there always seems to be more...

• Like 1

The only running "other" vehicle I have is the '55 Chevy.  I've had it 13 years and probably would never sell it.  327-300 with a TH350 transmission.  There is other late model off-topic stuff we use but who wants to see a picture of a Nissan Maxima?  There is an almost done '37 Chevy coupe here, too.  I'm waiting for the check book to recover before it goes to the trim shop.

chevy.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MackTheFinger said:

Nice looking car!! That's one of those............What in the heck is that anyway?? 

Its the OZ version of the Dodge 67-69 Dart - a Valiant. Custom soft top.

14 minutes ago, MackTheFinger said:

It does look sorta Dartish. Good looking car!! Was it always a convertible or is the top different than the original??

It was the 2nd incarnation of the Oz Dart.

First produced in 1967 as the VE model but only available in a 4 door sedan, Station wagon and a ute (2 door) versions. As can be seen, front end is more like the Dart.

chrysler_valiant_1967_photos_1_b.jpg.1d2e55f7702e5379124763a97d65629e.jpg

The second incarnation was like mine, a VF, which cam out mid 1969, now available in a 2 door hardtop as well, no soft top option, like in the US. A lot of these were chopped up (like mine) in the 80's and 90's when they were cheap as chips.

Then in mid 1970 the third (and last) version came out, the VG.

VGpacerhardtop.jpg.cdf084e3b26f6daa3d846c11207b8c9d.jpgThis one is the sporty 'Pacer' model.

Edited by maok
additional info
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

1978 Vespa P150X

European version, speedometer is already in km/hr.

Not sure how it ended up here.

It was taken off the road when it failed a roadside safety check, none of the lights worked.

I redid the wiring and got it safetied.

Was a fun project and takes up less space.

image.jpeg

Edited by 1950 Special Deluxe

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2017 at 8:01 AM, bones44 said:

My first car 37 Dodge Biz coupe and a 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport with 29000 miles(has never seen a snow flake) and my 76 Ford F250 with a 5.9 Cummins engine

DSCN0946.JPG

You got a nice collection of rides there! I like them all. By the way, what shocks do you run on your Dakota? I'm thinking of replacing mine on my 02 Dakota and I can't decide yet between bilstein shocks and rancho 9000.