Rustyhope is only diminished, not demised......yet

Olddaddy

You can count me among those who are pleased to have 2013 behind them.  While it was not a horrible year it was tough and chiefly due to me re-injuring my right elbow back in July.  There is surgery in my future, but I am delaying that as long as I can deal with pain in the joint.  The other big difficulty was my Rustyhope web page was hacked and left only partially visible.  I've moved to another server, but to date cannot get the thing back to 100% function.  The info is still there and visible, but it needs to be rebuilt and functional.  If there are any website builders among you, send me a message or email. 

I now have seven different disc brake kits that cover almost every Mopar car and truck from about 1930-1960.  I have the shock arms for relocating the upper shock mounts and bolt-on exhaust dumps to make a dual exhaust out of an original manifold.  I've operated Rustyhope for right at 20 years and have been an advanced shadetree Mopar mechanic for about 45 years.  I'm nearly as old as Tim "Plymouthy" Adams.  It may be time to consider retiring and going fishing or something.  I don't want to turn this into a for sale ad and get banned or anything, but I am considering my options and Rustyhope is one thing I want to see continue whether I am involved or  it gets sold to another person.  These kits and parts have made a lot of difference on old Mopars and I want that to go on and on and on.....

So, rumors of my demise are premature and I am still available at olddaddy@rustyhope.com as I always have been.

• Like 2

You can count me among those who are pleased to have 2013 behind them.  While it was not a horrible year it was tough and chiefly due to me re-injuring my right elbow back in July.  There is surgery in my future, but I am delaying that as long as I can deal with pain in the joint.  The other big difficulty was my Rustyhope web page was hacked and left only partially visible.  I've moved to another server, but to date cannot get the thing back to 100% function.  The info is still there and visible, but it needs to be rebuilt and functional.  If there are any website builders among you, send me a message or email. 

I now have seven different disc brake kits that cover almost every Mopar car and truck from about 1930-1960.  I have the shock arms for relocating the upper shock mounts and bolt-on exhaust dumps to make a dual exhaust out of an original manifold.  I've operated Rustyhope for right at 20 years and have been an advanced shadetree Mopar mechanic for about 45 years.  I'm nearly as old as Tim "Plymouthy" Adams.  It may be time to consider retiring and going fishing or something.  I don't want to turn this into a for sale ad and get banned or anything, but I am considering my options and Rustyhope is one thing I want to see continue whether I am involved or  it gets sold to another person.  These kits and parts have made a lot of difference on old Mopars and I want that to go on and on and on.....

So, rumors of my demise are premature and I am still available at olddaddy@rustyhope.com as I always have been.

Charlie its good to hear you are carrying on. 2014 has started out with a bang for me. So far this week we've had a sick 2yo followed by a water heater going out and then the kitchen sick pipes freezing(but not breaking whew). I keep praying you'll still be selling the kits when I can finally afford the time and money to build my 40 plymouth pickup and put one of your brake kits on it.  

Hang in there Old Daddy,,,we NEED ya.

Ed, your year HAS to get better, if you have to replace water heater get those lifetime one.  Bet your sink is on outside wall with pipes inside the wall.  get all the styrofoam you can betwen pipes and sheathing.  Spray foam the cracks to make it draft free.  Even if you have to demo some drywall under there.

Hang in there Old Daddy,,,we NEED ya.

Ed, your year HAS to get better, if you have to replace water heater get those lifetime one.  Bet your sink is on outside wall with pipes inside the wall.  get all the styrofoam you can betwen pipes and sheathing.  Spray foam the cracks to make it draft free.  Even if you have to demo some drywall under there.

Pipes go straight down under the sink. However even worse the sink is on an outside wall that overhangs the foundation by about 1 foot.  Crazy way to get a little more space but thats how they built it. It used to happen all the time and a few years ago I crawled under there(there's a deck in the way) and put 2 inches of foam under the entire overhang. The pipes are insulated etc but when its 40 below it just wasn't enough.

Water heater is in and done. Discovered the leak about 10:30 by 12:30 we were buying the new one and by about 7 it was done. Got a 12y warranty one with a good effiency rating. Its the same capacity as the old one but about twice as big around so it must be well insulated!

Edited by Young Ed

..... The info is still there and visible, but it needs to be rebuilt and functional.  If there are any website builders among you, send me a message or email. 

Good to hear that you are alive and well. There are still plenty of old Mopes needing brakes!

I'll send a PM regarding the web help.

Gary

Hi Charlie - I looked at the source on one of your pages.  It calls for an image at "images/253_Dodge_Plymouth_car_disc_kit.jpg"

but that path does not seem to exist, or the web server does not have rights to serve it up to viewers. 

On your new host, the "images" directory may not exist, may have a different name, or have the wrong rights.  If you can, get it working (viewable by the web server) and called "images" so the rest of the pages will work as-is.  If not, you can edit each page to point to the new image path.

Make sense?  It should be simple to fix, I think, I hope.  Send me a PM if you still have trouble.  I'm not a web site expert but I used to understand them when they were simpler.

I will be in the market for one of your brake kits this year for my 1941 Plymouth Coupe. I just have to get past the holidays and get my car fund back in the black.