Jeez we have not had weather like this in a while

DCurrent

Almost 90*F today in sunny Long Beach, CA.........

Nobody likes you.

Sounds uncomfortable down there to me.

Today was 72° and sunny here. Forecast for the next four days is sunny with temperatures of 73°, 72°, 72° and then a cold snap down to 70°.

I'd really like to trade that in for some cold rain though. Three month forecast which goes through the normal end of the rainy season are for warm and dry. Everything is tinderbox dry including the bottom of the reservoirs that should have our summer water supply now but don't. Getting pretty worrying.

Northeast nebrakska,,we had those 65 mph wind gusts Larry talked about this week and 2 more days of 40-45 mph steady wind and the rest was just breezy.  No snow here tho and thats just fine with me.  I find scooping 1/2" of rain is easier than half foot of snow. Pretty darn dry here tho.

Another week like this and there wont be any rotten trees here about.  it was a tree trimmer with limbs everywhere, even where not supposed to be.

Sounds uncomfortable down there to me.

Today was 72° and sunny here. Forecast for the next four days is sunny with temperatures of 73°, 72°, 72° and then a cold snap down to 70°.

I'd really like to trade that in for some cold rain though. Three month forecast which goes through the normal end of the rainy season are for warm and dry. Everything is tinderbox dry including the bottom of the reservoirs that should have our summer water supply now but don't. Getting pretty worrying.

Doesn't feel like 90, it's pretty dry down here too.....hardly any rain to speak of, worst I've seen in years. Sure doesn't seem like mid-January.

My favorite bumper sticker " I am an oil worker in Bakersfield but my mother thinks I'm a piano player in whore house".

I drove through the country today and saw my first nectarine orchard starting to bloom. The entire orchard was a pretty pink. Spring is close by here in the valley, yet we NEED water in the mountains.

• Like 1

My favorite bumper sticker " I am an oil worker in Bakersfield but my mother thinks I'm a piano player in whore house".

I drove through the country today and saw my first nectarine orchard starting to bloom. The entire orchard was a pretty pink. Spring is close by here in the valley, yet we NEED water in the mountains.

Yep. Heard that the farms with senior water rights, typically the east side of the north and central part of the valley, will get maybe 80% of their normal allocation. And the farms with junior water rights, typically the west and south parts of the valley may get way less. Enough less that they really can't grow anything.

I expect the cities to meet the 20% reduction in use the state wants. But since 80% of the water in the state goes to farming that reduction in the urban areas is only saving about 4% (20% of 20%) of the total use.

I have a heated garage but only put the heat on when I'm out there. I haven't been out there for a month and a half. The temps in the shop are 25-29 degrees and I have no ambition to go out and burn up oil for a few hours just to make it comfortable to do anything. All my buddies are in the same boat, they just don't feel like being in their shops till the weather is at least above freezing....................oh........I am also tired of snow blowing and/or shoveling /brooming off snow.

Yep. Heard that the farms with senior water rights, typically the east side of the north and central part of the valley, will get maybe 80% of their normal allocation. And the farms with junior water rights, typically the west and south parts of the valley may get way less. Enough less that they really can't grow anything.

Are these senior and junior rights a grandfathered thing or a cash donation thing?

Cash talks, always has!

San Fransisco was the early center of life/money/politics in the late 1800's.

They bought?/stole  water rights way up in the mountains and rights way back,but some central valley farmers also had their say and securied water rights second/after SF of course, that got more than they needed. S.F. then sold their water they did'nt need to other bay area cities as they sprung up and expanded. They recently upsized their pipeline to use more of their water rights!

Senior rights= earlier claiments vs. later who by poilitics when the state (first Gov. Brown of Ca.) convinced the poilitico's that the So. Ca. people needed more of No. cal's water to grow! Cash again!   Junior= rights for the farming water from the N-S. canels

Only problem was for the votes to pass the bill to build the first canal. No. cal to So. cal. Ranchers in the lower parts of cental valley convinced the politico's that if they would get Some of the water to plant orchards then they would support such a bill=political donations=cash.

They over the years built a second No. Cal to So. canal. Again more farmers along the way got Some water. Been trying for Years to build a third canal, Never passed---YET! But still trying!  NOW!

Need more cash to pass???

Doug

Hi together, i had already said that in Germany, the winter here is very mild. But last night I heard sandhill cranes.

In the darkness it was not possible to detect the direction of flight. The "bird flight side" on the internet but has confirmed that the birds going to the southwest.

The animals have a "built-in" weather service. In eastern Germany, we have -16 ° C, in West 6 ° C. The distance is 500km.

Hopefully it becomes not too icy.

Regards Klaus

We've had a very off and on winter, swinging from unseasonably cold to unseasonably warm.  Upcoming weather looks like this: post-6194-0-86992800-1390770500_thumb.jpg

Earlier in the year the weather looked like this: post-6194-0-87444700-1390770257_thumb.jpg  A windchill of -50C is about -58 Fahrenheit.

I finally got the chance to play out in the shop today. Haven't wanted to turn the heat up out there with the cold temps we have had lately, and I just haven't wanted to track through the snow to get to it. I have a excellent furnace, but with the house and shop using propane it gets expensive. I believe we made it up to 40 today and it allowed my heat pump to work instead of the furnace to the house so I didn't mind turning the heat on in the shop then. Boy was the shop a mess though from dropping stuff off and heading straight for the house all this winter. I think I spent two hours just cleaning up all the salt and gravel off the floor. 

Then it was on to my purpose for being out there in the first place. My dad and I have had a Cushman trickster for probably 30 years and I'm attempting to revive it. He also took it apart 30 some years ago. Luckily I think he has managed to find 90% of it. It's been apart for so long I thought I'd reassemble it before attempting to do mechanical or paint work. I must have spent two hours just trying to attach the rear leaf spring. What a chore that was. It's hard to collapse a leaf spring when there is no weight to it. I'm amazed at how stiff it is. At least now I know how to do it when I take it apart and reassemble it again. The motor and trans went together quite easy, but I found lots of bits that will need attention.

This project is going to be difficult because you just can't buy reproduction parts for these like you can a Cushman scooter if the part is broke or wore out. Tomorrow I'm going to put the front end together and see where that gets me.