Official George Asche 265 Hot Rod Flathead Thread

55 Fargo

This is my George Asche built 217/230 build.230 crank,big (lumpy per George)cam,George's home built intake and exhaust.This is a first for me,I wanted something other then a run of the mill small block.It's in a 1946 Ply.4dr.Stock trans. and rear.should be ready to go this week.George was a grate help in suggesting what I should have built and a fun guy to talk to.post-6583-0-11747700-1398731372_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This is my George Asche built 217/230 build.230 crank,big (lumpy per George)cam,George's home built intake and exhaust.This is a first for me,I wanted something other then a run of the mill small block.It's in a 1946 Ply.4dr.Stock trans. and rear.should be ready to go this week.George was a grate help in suggesting what I should have built and a fun guy to talk to.attachicon.gifPlymouth 002 (800x600).jpg

That's a beauty, especially the intake & exhaust. I need to send my carbs to George to be rebuilt. I talked to him a few weeks ago, told him I have 2 carbs...1 original from my car & 1 with a different #. He told me to let him know which 1 I prefer (my original) & he would replace the other with 1 identical to my original. They look better than new when he's done.

• 3 years later...

Thought I would revive the "Official" George Asche Hi Perf thread.

Feel free to join in, add your stories, swap your tales of getting these old girls rippin there way down the asphalt .

Tim Kingsbury, George Asche and the boys have been busy, George has recovered and rebuilt some engines as of late, he is a young 85 YO.

Here are some videos for you to enjoy, keep in mind these 2 are very hi performance and not street cruisers, but a lot can be done to these engines and still be very streetable and reliable.

I visited George last August and spent a very enjoyable 2-3 hrs chatting with him, and going for a ride in his 230 powered 1950 plymouth.

What a nice man, and he's a wealth of knowledge about flat head mopars. I traded him some parts I had for stuff I wanted and later I bought a dual outlet exhaust,   throttle linkage, and reground cam from him. Should have done it when I visited but was not sure what I was doing at the time.

Eventually this stuff will find its way onto a 230 for my 52 bus coupe. If you have the time to make the trip - do it, you wont regret it. Could not be a better thing to do whether you are a flatly nut or not. 

Glad to hear he is doing better now after being ill sometime earlier this year.

1 hour ago, Dartgame said:

I visited George last August and spent a very enjoyable 2-3 hrs chatting with him, and going for a ride in his 230 powered 1950 plymouth.

What a nice man, and he's a wealth of knowledge about flat head mopars. I traded him some parts I had for stuff I wanted and later I bought a dual outlet exhaust,   throttle linkage, and reground cam from him. Should have done it when I visited but was not sure what I was doing at the time.

Eventually this stuff will find its way onto a 230 for my 52 bus coupe. If you have the time to make the trip - do it, you wont regret it. Could not be a better thing to do whether you are a flatly nut or not. 

Glad to hear he is doing better now after being ill sometime earlier this year.

I hear the 50 Plymouth is no slouch, what was your experience in it???

Glad you enjoyed your visit with him...