Anyone Running 2bbl Carb & Intake Adaptor

55 Fargo

Used, cast iron exhaust manifolds has to be one of the toughest materials to weld there is and since you'll want a guarantee  that it won't crack and fall off the first time you hit a rut or bump,  the price isn't that bad.  No guarantees, the price can come down.  If it was easy to do, it would cost a lot less.  The price tells me they really would prefer not doing the work but if you insist, they are going to make it worth there while for the risk they are taking

True, no guarantee , buying headers right up front may be the better bet. I do know Rusty Hope does this job for less money, Canada [prices will always be higher, especially those outfits that may not really want the job in the first place..

• 1 year later...

Just re-read this thread today, and thought I would throw it out for more discussion.

Has anyone else tried a holley webber, or carter webber 2 bbl carb  with either a custom made intake carb base or 1 of the mass produced $15 adapters?

With summer coming to a close, how many of those who have ran the modern 2 bbl carbs experience "Hot Carb" starts like the stock 1 bbl carb Carter B&B.

Sometime back 1 of our Members shared with me, that for some mild hopping up, that a 2 bbl carb, shaved head and split exhaust was what he called the "best bang for the buck". He went on to elude that his 2 or 3 cars with dual carbs were okay, but he would not be repeating the same again, but would go with a 2 bbl conversion instead.

Anyway, any updates or feedback on those who have upgraded to an aftermarket 2bbl carb, and modified intake to make this work.

Edited by Fargos-Go-Far

My 2 Oz cents worth re the exhaust manifold situation.........as my 41 Plymouth was RHD and has both the steering box and brake/clutch pedals to get in the way of Fenton style headers I found that there are 3 types of exhaust manifolds used on the 23" Plymouth/Dodge engine described by where the stock manifold dumps as follows.......... front, middle and rear dumps.........my car used the middle dump manifold so I found another of these plus a front dump manifold.........I then cut the front half from the front manifold and back half from the middle dump manifold and had a local blacksmith(yep, being in the country sometimes has its advantages still) properly weld plates onto either cut park and voila'.........a pair of cast iron exhaust manifolds..........the pic shows that I still had to sweep the front engine pipe hard away from the steering box but this setup would have worked........I mention this as it may offer a cheaper way to get twin pipes...........and the carbies are Oz sourced single barrel Strombergs as used on Oz GM Holden 6's of 186/202 cubes.....bolt straight onto the Offy twin carb intake............regards, Andyd   

post-612-0-12245000-1443044402_thumb.jpg

Several years ago I bought one of the $15.00 adaptors and didn't like the fit for what I was going to do and had it copied and cut from a piece of billet aluminum.  I had the throats for the 2 barrel carb machined larger to accommodate the Holley 94 2110 EEC I installed on my '49 Coronet.  This carb came from a 56 Ford Mainline or Fairlane with the 272 V8 with an automatic.  I chose this carb because it had the dashpot I needed for the fluid drive.  It also had an automatic choke.  The choke was not electric but was activated with a heat tube.  I picked up the exhaust manifold from a '54 Plymouth with this setup and put a second outlet on it.  I did not separate the halves but I did leave the heat valve in it.  This really woke up the ol' girl.  She's got 98,000 miles on her.  I don't drive it everyday but if it's too wet or cold to ride I drive the Coronet.  To connect the carb to the existing linkage I only had to screw in last linkage a little bit.  I also added a fuel pressure regulator to get it down to the 2 1/2 pound range.  Without the regulator the fuel pump was pushing too much fuel and I couldn't slow the idle down enough.

• Like 1