SoCal Old Mopar Breakfast Cruise-In

mrwrstory

Both suggestions sound GREAT. I'm ready for either, If Hank's truck is up and running I am sure he would make the trip too.

Cool!  Let's plan Long Beach.  And, if you didn't know, "collector car" parking inside is free so it costs no more than general admission.  I'd plan to go early and shop before our "social".

I'm not familiar with Glory Days Sports Bar but that sounds like a plan to me.  That way folks could (at their convenience) do the swap early or late or not at all, but we have a fixed time to gather at Glory Days.

I'll see what I can find out and others throw in their 2 cents too.

Sounds Great !  I'm with you Bill, I would rather do some shopping first, then  later in the morning.some where close for a eat & meet. It may take different people longer to shop and buy the good junk.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay Boys,.....

For all who can make it, breakfast at the Glory Days Grill, 10:00am Sunday Nov. 9.  It's at 4132 Woodruff just North of Carson St. in Lakeside.  There is a modest Cruise-In there and it's a natural stop after the Long Beach Swap Meet.

I will attend the LB Swap beginning about 7:00, parking inside at no extra charge.  Meet me there or at Glory Days @ 10:00.

Glory Days Sports Bar and Grill for Pancakes on Sunday November 9, 2014. @ 10: 00 AM.  For the 2nd annual So Cal Vintage Mopar Breakfast Gathering. See you there or at the Swap Meet.

I was glad to make the 2nd Annual SoCal Old Mopar Breakfast. (& relieved the 52 made it down there & back :lol: )

It was great seeing all of you. Added bonus was checking out Derek's 38 Plymouth up close, too.

Looking forward to seeing Bill's photos.

And thanks for the tips on what to look for in dealing with that new "strange sound" emanating from the my Cranbrook. It was the emergency brake so I'll be looking at threads on the forum to help me troubleshoot that.

Tony

post-5954-0-41198900-1415585277_thumb.jpg

post-5954-0-66505800-1415585294_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

.. And thanks for the tips on what to look for in dealing with that new "strange sound"  ...

I think Rod gets the points for that one.

Great to meet and chat with everyone. Next time I'll take the stealth filters off my truck so it doesn't look like a 2010 For Focus.

Mike

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

My Pop and I had a GREAT time meeting and chatting with you all. With most of the attendees living down south,I'm thinking next time maybe meeting down your ways. Either way I'm up for anything within my AAA tow range LOL 

Rod

• Like 1

Had a pretty good turn out.  Left to right, Tony, Bill, Mike, Derek, Rod, Rod's "Pop", Mike 2.  Jeff joined us a few minutes later.

IMG_9359_zps8178e5bd.jpg

-

IMG_9361_zps5b0eb042.jpg

-

IMG_9364_zpsa6157be2.jpg

-

IMG_9368_zpse0a3e875.jpg

-

Diagnosing Tony's "noise".

IMG_9372_zpsc71c0869.jpg

Edited by mrwrstory
  • Like 4

Don,

If the pancakes and bacon breakfast was the special of the house, it might be time to move. LOL  Chow was good,coffee was not too bad. Sure filled the empty spot in my belly. What do you expect from a sports bar and grill. The PAY OFF was meeting the Forum Car Guys  again, Had a Heck of a GOOD TIME !  Would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

I feel bad that I didn't get there early enough to have more time with you guy's and your cars. Next time right? :)

I got to thinking.....no reason we couldn't have a get together at my shop if an OC meet is something folks would like to do. It's only a minute off the El Toro Y in Irvine and there is plenty of parking on the weekends. We can BBQ or there is pretty decent food within a couple of blocks. I've got air & water and plenty of tools too.

Jeff

• Like 1