SoCal Old Mopar Breakfast Cruise-In

mrwrstory

Thanks Bill for taking the lead in organizing the breakfast cruise in.

And to all the guys, thanks for a fun morning (which made up for the game later that day LOL) and all advice and pointers you gave me as I go down this road with the '52.

The time of day was perfect for beating the "after church" crowd  as well as for driving in that #4 lane heading to the restaurant and back home.

Looking forward to a next time and seeing those that couldn't make it.

Tony

Looks like you guys had a good time....wish I could've made it....hopefully next time. Was there any talk about the next date & place?

We all agreed that the gathering should occur again but no date was discussed.  For me, I gotta get the Summer outta the way before planning another meeting.  Off the top of my head, I suggest Oct.  Maybe Fall Fling, eh,?

Sounds Good Bill, I'm up for a Fall Fling. Let me know where and when. Had a GREAT TIME chatting with all that made the trip. Looking forward to the next one.  Rod

Sounds great Bill.

Got the date penciled in. Will Halloween costumes be optional???  :eek:

And thanks for the lead on getting getting engine/trans machine work help. Got the engine and trans to the my daughter's garage and tucked out of the way for now.

Tony

post-5954-0-25935400-1392393647_thumb.jpg

post-5954-0-70800200-1392393667_thumb.jpg

post-5954-0-29921700-1392393689_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I was scoping out the member map and see there are approx. a dozen of us blokes in So Cal.  I was also reminiscing about our Old Mopar Breakfast this past spring, the fun and BS and our collective commitment to do it again.

Since this subject is now "bumped", I am hopeful that others, who are not on the map, are lurkers, or who are prospects, might venture outta the wings to enjoy a little WPC bonding.  Membership in this forum is not required.  It's preferred that you drive your old Mopar.  However picture evidence of a project or a pending purchase will get you in.

I suggest we consider meeting this Fall concurrent with the Mopar Fall Fling in Van Nuys.  Near's I can tell the date is not set yet but it is usually in late October.   The location is biased to the West but I'm up for the adventure.  Those of us in outlying areas could caravan for mutual support.

Whatcha think? :unsure: 

Hey Bill.

I'm in for a local road trip ( within AAA limits ) LOL . I know there more car events then I can shake a stick at here in So Cal, Just go to  socalcarculture.com  So many events, So little time.

• 4 months later...

Okay fellers.

How's zis?

Mopar Spring Fling is Oct. 25, at Woodley Park.  That's essentially at the intersection of I-405 and 101, on the West side of LA.  Maybe a bit of a stretch for some but convenient for others.

The primary goal is the gathering of folks from this site to kick Mopar tires, to BS and to talk about those who don't make it. :o   An additional perk is the Mopar Fall Fling which might become a "marker" for future meetings.  'Tho there is some vintage Mopar stuff at the Fall Fling, the larger share of cars and swap material is later model/muscle car stuff.  However it's still fun to walk the event.

You will see via the attached link that "car entry" is $25.00.  I don't need that.  I propose that we meet somewhere nearby for breakfast, enjoy the comradeship as before,.....and then those who wish to attend the Fall Fling do so as spectators, which is free.  http://www.cpwclub.com/fallevents/fall-fling-event/

I will locate and identify a spot for breakfast.  I am open to suggestions from anyone who may be familiar with the area.

B) 

Who's in! 

Okay fellers.

How's zis?

Mopar Spring Fling is Oct. 25, at Woodley Park.  That's essentially at the intersection of I-405 and 101, on the West side of LA.  Maybe a bit of a stretch for some but convenient for others.

The primary goal is the gathering of folks from this site to kick Mopar tires, to BS and to talk about those who don't make it. :o   An additional perk is the Mopar Fall Fling which might become a "marker" for future meetings.  'Tho there is some vintage Mopar stuff at the Fall Fling, the larger share of cars and swap material is later model/muscle car stuff.  However it's still fun to walk the event.

You will see via the attached link that "car entry" is $25.00.  I don't need that.  I propose that we meet somewhere nearby for breakfast, enjoy the comradeship as before,.....and then those who wish to attend the Fall Fling do so as spectators, which is free.  http://www.cpwclub.com/fallevents/fall-fling-event/

I will locate and identify a spot for breakfast.  I am open to suggestions from anyone who may be familiar with the area.

B) 

Who's in! 

Bill, I'm in for breakfast, but have plans later in the day. Here's an option for breakfast (Firestone Blvd & Old River School Rd in Downey......between the 605 & 710 freeways) & it's car friendly:

https://www.facebook.com/bobsbigboybroiler

.....and a little history on the place:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnie%27s_Broiler

.....and a pic (borrowed from the internet):

Bobs-Broiler.jpg

Edited by deathbound

That Bob's Big Boy is very car friendly, but no where near to the San Fernando Event. Up to you guys but if I am going shopping early to get deals at a the swap meet at the "Spring Fling" I get there before 7 AM and go for them as they are being thrown off the trailers and truck beds.  Maybe we can meet at the Bobs Big Boy another day/time and closer to the event that morning? Either way I'm up for what ever the group decides  Hope we can get a few more truck guys to show up this time !  

Rod

That Bob's Big Boy is very car friendly, but no where near to the San Fernando Event. Up to you guys but if I am going shopping early to get deals at a the swap meet at the "Spring Fling" I get there before 7 AM and go for them as they are being thrown off the trailers and truck beds.  Maybe we can meet at the Bobs Big Boy another day/time and closer to the event that morning? Either way I'm up for what ever the group decides  Hope we can get a few more truck guys to show up this time !  

Rod

Rod, right about it not being close & probably better for another time. I'll be following to see where the meeting spot will be.

Derek

Edited by deathbound

Hey Guys, I know there is a Bob's Big Boys in Toluca Lake off the 101 on the way to the event. I doubt they are open that early ( O dark thirty ) and I'm good with black coffee and a doughnut before I go a pickin @ swap meets. I know there are some truck guys down OC way and in LA, So maybe I'll see if they take the bait and want to meet down that way sometime, I'm heading to the event anyway early to pick the pile so maybe meeting after if we don't bump in to each other there. I am sure there will be something I just gotta have.

I know I will be at the Fall Fling in the San Fernando Valley next Saturday, I think HanksB3B will meet me there ( not sure what time ) I plan to get there early and hang out for a while.  LOL   6:30 ish  AM till bout 11:00 AM or so.  I am missing a Jaguar Swap meet but they have Nut'n  I need right now. I also heard of a  Swap Meet in Carson Sunday Morning might be something there too. socalcarcultre.com     Always lots of stuff to do and places to blow a few bucks at. Where ever the group wants, I am up for.

Just tell me where to park it, Rod

Yeah Bill,

Looks like not much interest for a gathering of Forum members at this event. I plan on getting there early for better part pickin. Hope we can set up something a little closer to more Forum members, I have heard from some OC truck guys. That might be too far  the other way for others to cruise  I'm up for where ever the group decides

How 'bout Long Beach Swap?  There's a Spires near by for breakfast.

Sounds good, next one is Nov. 9th. Spire's @Lakewood & Willow.....just south of the 405. I think Glory Days Sports Bar in Lakewood on Woodruff just north of Carson has a car thing every Sunday morning & it's less than 5 minutes from Vets Stadium.

• Like 1

I'm not up to highway speeds yet so Van Nuys is a stretch for me in the truck. I'm betting I can do L.B. after I get done setting the brakes now that I have Derek's cool alignment tool.

Next L.B. Hi Performance swap is November 9th and parking is free.

http://www.longbeachhiposwapmeet.com/