SoCal Old Mopar Breakfast Cruise-In

mrwrstory

This thread is dedicated to conversation from anyone who would like to join, in SoCal, a gathering of the Old Mopar afflicted.  Tentative plans for a meeting so far are,....a weekend day after The Holidays,...looks like a Sunday so far,....location to be determined by greatest number of responds,.....drive your cars, any old Mopar.  MrBill will tabulate those who are likely participants, their preferences and contact info.  PM me with questions or an "I'm in"!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of connecting with skchandler last week.  Nice young family guy.  We need more of that!

We've had very little response to this idea of a SoCal Old Mopar breakfast.  Com'on guys.  It'll be after the Holidays.

No obligation 'cept showin your ride and kickin tires with a few of the Mopar Infatuatiom.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, boys and girls, seems there's only four of us who want to be "social".  A proposed date and location goes out to those who have RSVP'd to the idea.  Guys who are "in", check your private messages for a note within the next 24 hours. 

Edited by mrwrstory

My ride is now where near ready. I'm in La Mirada Ca. rite next to Whittier. Just had 2 surgeries in the last few months that have slowed me down. There is a smog shop on Whittier Blvd. that is attached to a Daniels Goodyear store. The owner has a sweet 1947 T&C. Checked it out last week. Just need to paint my firewall so I can install new engine. and finish the darn thing. Wanted to get it done this year.  

http://www.socalcarculture.com/index.htm Go to this link and at the top hit the events link and it will show all kind of So.Cal swap meets and shows. Long Beach is this Sun. Pomona is next week. The Doughnut Derelicts is always good in Huntington. There would be a bunch of rides at all of them.

My ride is now where near ready. I'm in La Mirada Ca. rite next to Whittier. Just had 2 surgeries in the last few months that have slowed me down. There is a smog shop on Whittier Blvd. that is attached to a Daniels Goodyear store. The owner has a sweet 1947 T&C. Checked it out last week. Just need to paint my firewall so I can install new engine. and finish the darn thing. Wanted to get it done this year.  

Hey Mike,

Why don't you hit on the guy with the T&C and join us.  Ride in his car or at least bring pics of yours to prove that it's real  :D   Check your PMs

http://www.socalcarculture.com/index.htm Go to this link and at the top hit the events link and it will show all kind of So.Cal swap meets and shows. Long Beach is this Sun. Pomona is next week. The Doughnut Derelicts is always good in Huntington. There would be a bunch of rides at all of them.

Mike, Long Beach Vet Stadium swap meet is real close to me. I usually go (to the high performance & motorcycle swap meets) every month, though not much (if any) early Mopar stuff. I go just to walk around with a couple buddies. Pomona is better, but also, not much early parts....at least in my case.

Hey Mike,

Why don't you hit on the guy with the T&C and join us.  Ride in his car or at least bring pics of yours to prove that it's real  :D   Check your PMs

Bill, I don't know if the guy with the T&C would appreciate being "hit on", maybe just "hit him up" first & see where it goes... :eek::confused::cool:

Also, you know I'm in for this.

Edited by deathbound

He already mentioned his wife & kids. It's tough to find vintage Mopar stuff in So. Cal. Or any Mopar stuff at swap meets. It's always been that way. In the last few years Between Pomona,Long Beach & Irwindale I found 1 hub cap for my D24. I just go to ebay and save my gas. I've got a wife and kids too.

Edited by Mike Petersen

Wow, just found this posting . I'm in, Please let me know unless you guys already met. Then, Please hope you share some pictures and please let me know when the next one is.  Hopefully Hank's Truck will be back on the road and a few of us truck guys can make a good showing. Rod

Wow, just found this posting . I'm in, Please let me know unless you guys already met. Then, Please hope you share some pictures and please let me know when the next one is.  Hopefully Hank's Truck will be back on the road and a few of us truck guys can make a good showing. Rod

You are welcome.

So far we have 5 of 6, from SoCal, who have responded.  One had previous commitments.  We're meeting Feb. 2, at a secret spot in Whittier.  :D   If there are others who fit in this environment, please get in touch.

Edited by mrwrstory

Glad to hear you guys still are meeting. I'm shaking the trees to see if I can find other mopar owners in my area that might want to meet and join the Forum. Looking forward to meeting everybody there, Rod

The " Big Game "  will be later in the afternoon. We'll be home safe well before the kick off. Don't let that stop you from showing up. Looking forward to seeing all, Rod

Okay Fellers,...........

I have DEATHBOUND, TONES52, SKCHANDLER, RODFRU2U & MRWRSTORY as making it to breakfast on Sunday Feb. 2.  MIKE PETERSEN and FEDORAGENT send regrets with the request to be notified of the next gathering.  If I have missed anyone I apologize with the request that you let me know ASAP so's you can be included on the list.

Others reading this post, who fit the Old Mopar image, are welcome to join us.  Please PM me with your civilian name and a contact number.

We'll gather at Denny's, 8425 Pioneer Blvd. (at Slauson), Whittier at 8:30am.

I'll call ahead to request a table in the corner.

I fear I may have erred on the participant list.  Rereading the previous posts and PMs, I see that "DEATHBOUND" has previous commitments and I think it's Mike Petersen who will join us.  Sorry for my confusion!  Help me, guys.  :confused: 

Edited by mrwrstory

Okay Fellers,...........

I have DEATHBOUND, TONES52, SKCHANDLER, RODFRU2U & MRWRSTORY as making it to breakfast on Sunday Feb. 2.  MIKE PETERSEN and FEDORAGENT send regrets with the request to be notified of the next gathering.  If I have missed anyone I apologize with the request that you let me know ASAP so's you can be included on the list.

Others reading this post, who fit the Old Mopar image, are welcome to join us.  Please PM me with your civilian name and a contact number.

We'll gather at Denny's, 8425 Pioneer Blvd. (at Slauson), Whittier at 8:30am.

I'll call ahead to request a table in the corner.

I fear I may have erred on the participant list.  Rereading the previous posts and PMs, I see that "DEATHBOUND" has previous commitments and I think it's Mike Petersen who will join us.  Sorry for my confusion!  Help me, guys.  :confused: 

Correct Bill, I can't make this one, but definitely let me know when the next one is. Derek

First guy to arrive at Denny's, please get the table.  I talked to George (manager) and asked for a table in a corner where a bunch of guys who have never met could spend some extra time jawing.  "no problem!"  I said we are the p15 Bunch.

See ya'll at 8:30