adding hyperlinks and pasting from clipboard problems

Sponsored By  
Go to solution Solved by JBNeal,

I have been trying to post some information and have run into a few problems.  While attempting to post hyperlinks to information within this forum and from outside this forum, using the hyperlink function in the editor toolbar, pops up this screen:

<<insert jpg>>

What is new to me is everything below the URL field.  When clicking OK, nothing happens; when clicking Cancel, nothing happens; when attempting to X out, a warning pops up asking if I want to leave this page; when clicking OK, nothing happens.  I have not been able to clear this screen, so I have to kill the work tab and open another tab within the browser to pull the website back up.

I rebooted and attempted to add hyperlinks again, except this time I opened up two tabs on the same web page and typed the desired text into one editor.  When I attempted to copy & paste that text into the other tab's editor, no text would paste either by right-clicking or by using the editor copy & paste functions.

And while attempting to insert a screenshot within this post, the jpg would not add to the text field.  :confused:

Support Ticket Submitted

post-2888-0-83262000-1386459903_thumb.jpg

Edited by JBNeal

OK, that test worked. Did you select some text before clicking on the "Link" icon? 

Did you select the icon that looks like a chain with one link hanging down? (See attached image below)

post-5682-0-58436400-1386466266_thumb.jpg

I can attach a file to a post so that it appears at the end of the text entered.  But if I place the cursor within the text to add that attachment and click on the Add to Post function, nothing happens.

I clicked on that icon as I have done before, and I was able to copy & paste text into the URL field.  But trying to click OK or Cancel, or trying to X-out of the hyperlink window would not do anything, nor was I able to push the back arrow on the browser window.

Microsoft ran some updates yesterday and I wonder if that has something to do with it...I think one of them was that I was updated to IE 11 for Windows7, don't know if there is a security protocol that is not allowing access to my laptop's clipboard that could be causing this headache...

I uninstalled IE 11, rebooted, and am now running IE 10 again.  I went back and edited this post to insert the hyperlinks, and the hyperlink popup screen has now reverted back to its original version.  Hyperlinks are now working, as well as inserting jpgs within text and copying & pasting text.

• Like 1

I did the same thing a few days ago. Installed the IE 10 and 11 upgrade. As soon as I did this I did not like it as all my "favorates" were no longer visable. Before going further I did a system restore and dumped all of the upgrades reverting back to IE 9. Another case of microsoft fixing something that aint broke. :mad:

• Like 1

I have been having similar issues for some time now, not being able to cut/paste.  Since I already have enough computer challenges to wear at me, I have decided that I just won't bother attempting any cut/paste operations on this forum. All of the issues that I have are only on this forum and mucking about trying to 'fix' things is likely to come back and bite me.

I have been having similar issues for some time now, not being able to cut/paste.  Since I already have enough computer challenges to wear at me, I have decided that I just won't bother attempting any cut/paste operations on this forum. All of the issues that I have are only on this forum and mucking about trying to 'fix' things is likely to come back and bite me.

Using IE 11? 

I sent in a trouble ticket..this was before I realized my computer had done an ungrade...at one time Ihad it checked not to automatically upgrade but I may have lost that when I personally chose to upgrade to IE10..any, reverted to IE10 and issues resolved...thanks GTK..sorry I cried wolf...

Like everyone else...I am amazed that the new and better throws clinkers into the mix...lol

Edited by Plymouthy Adams