So here is MY brake story....scratching my head.

Bmartin

Deathboud - I saw in another post that your front end is up on jackstands.  Can you take a measurement of the minimum inner diameter of your wheels?  I'm not sure of the differences between the 38 and 40 wheels.  Thanks!

Its looking like the Rusty Hope kit might work, fingers crossed.

Deathboud - I saw in another post that your front end is up on jackstands.  Can you take a measurement of the minimum inner diameter of your wheels?  I'm not sure of the differences between the 38 and 40 wheels.  Thanks!

Its looking like the Rusty Hope kit might work, fingers crossed.

The inside diameter measurement closest to the wheel mounting surface is approx. 12-1/4", it steps out about 1", then measures approx. 15-1/2". My Plymouth Master Parts List book for 1936-1942 shows the same part #695292 for 1938 P5/P6, 1939 P7/P8, & 1940 P9/P10, including 7 passenger/limo cars....except for 1938 passenger/limo-which shows a different part#. The part# above is for both 16x5.50 & 16x6.00 wheels. All this is based on whether we have the original wheels when they were sold....they may have been switched out at some time in the last 75 years???? Hope this helps. Derek