"Phantom vehicles"

BobT-47P15

I received an auction promo from Mecum recently that contained this picture of a phantom

49 Cadillac station wagon built by a fellow named Bones Noteboom.....who I think probably

hangs out on the HAMB.

I rather like the look of the car.  I have seen phantom older Mopars from time to time......

if you have a picture of any brand of "made up" car, post it here and lets see what

turns up.  Might be fun and interesting.  

1949-Cadillac-Phantom-Wagon.jpg?lastmod=

Edited by BobT-47P15
  • Like 1

sorry but that is one ugly wagon Bob....(place upchuck here...)

The faux woody is nice..have seen them before...tastefully done ...the Mustang Shooting Brake...actually I think these would have sold from the factory..better looking than the typical dorko notch back rear end of the standard Mustang..the GMC custom...another well done blending of bodies...hate the wheels and v-glass..bumpers would add a bit more definition..not something I would go out of my way to look at close..

I walked 8.5 hours at the car show...was very huge this year...did not even make it to the car corral..rarely ever do...but it was by far loaded...wall to wall cars...a few cars are scattered amount the parts vender rows..my favorite of them...AMC Spirit...very clean...401 with floor shifter...no hint at all to the monster under the hood..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Gotta agree with Tim about the Caddy. Something just not right there. '50 Plymouth wagon looks good except for the painted grille. I like the Mustang and agree it would have sold from the factory. However, maybe at the time younger buyers would have thought "station wagon" and walked away. Mustangs were aimed at the younger crowd.

Bob...good number of misc. Plymouth and Dodge parts at the show but things I already had and thus not needed. I picked up a number of small shop needs while there, few parts for custom installation, even found fenders for my tow dolly. Saw one single 54 wire basket hubcap..split outer rim (common problem, did not even inquire of asking price) Had fun, met up with most of the local gang down there..always fun..

Don't think the lines flow proper on the Corvair donor Don, I also thought maybe Pinto wagon, Vega or even the 411 V-dub but nothing clicked...it is a fact that Ford had proposed Mustang wagon on the drawing board..there is rumors of 10 built...RUMORS...I have no idea if they exist...there are a number of wagon mods out there but not much on what donor parts were sourced..

the 68 falcon wagon I thought could be the source but I could not find a clear picture to make a good call

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I am curious as to what doner parts were used to make the Mustang wagon?. Corvair?

Tim,

You realize the Corvair wagon is a real car, don't you?

Figured I needed a multi quote here...

of course the corvair wagon is a real car..it was the suggested donor for the Mustang concept pictured...to that end I did not think it was the donor...not that the corvair wagon was not a real car..

don't worry about it...it is often easy to not connect the dots ..have been guilty of that myself...like don, would like to know the donor...I looked for pictures of what I figured may be donors and also did an online look-see for possible hints..struck out..did not go too in depth I will admit..

don't worry about it...it is often easy to not connect the dots ..have been guilty of that myself...like don, would like to know the donor...I looked for pictures of what I figured may be donors and also did an online look-see for possible hints..struck out..did not go too in depth I will admit..

I spoke to the owner when I took that picture. I don't recall the exact donor(or donors) he told me he used. I believe they were not of the same vintage as the mustang. Something more like late 70s early 80s. Maybe a Fairmont wagon?