7th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ......

48Dodger

Just having a little fun, but there is a hunting lodge et. al. in Coalinga, Ca. where they give an 85% chance at getting a hog, size not guaranteed.. The picture was from their gallery.  The terrain to the west of Coalinga is very rugged, takes a good pair of legs to hunt boar there. 

ANYBODY that wants to fly out and stay here in a tent CAN! I have the room, the weather isn't bad, and you have full use of the house. It will help with and flight costs and rental car. We have a fire pit BS area that's running all week long, and I take two weeks off during that time. The ranch area is open to trucks a week before and a week after the date. So if you have a vehicle that needs towing, and you live fairly close.....bring it early...and pick it up later. None of this is new, we've been doing it for years. lol.

48D

tent rental?

Those who arrive Friday morning go coyote or wild boar hunting. That provides the meat for the open pit BBQ.  ;)

I dont know what Paul's doing.....but there is no hunting out here on at my place. :mellow:

48D

Tim;

Thanks for clearing that up. I am not certain what frightened me more.........Blurry Paul running around with a gun.......or the Coyote sampler plate at the BBQ.

Jeff

• Like 2

tent rental?

Yeah....like Paul said, with enough notice, we can have enough stuff for everyone. I also have matresses for the house if you don't mind the living room floor. My son is in college and I often get 7 or 8 guys crashing during the summer break...lol. 

48D

Just having a little fun, but there is a hunting lodge et. al. in Coalinga, Ca. where they give an 85% chance at getting a hog, size not guaranteed.. The picture was from their gallery.  The terrain to the west of Coalinga is very rugged, takes a good pair of legs to hunt boar there. 

am sure if one of the legs is a prosthetic model and made of C4 plastic your chances of bagging increases..

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I were closer, yet would likely drive up occasionally. OR meet periodically at prime spots: Yosemite, Gold Country Village, Moro Bay, Sequoia National Park, , San Francisco, etc.. It would be fun to informally show our vehicles, take pictures, as a group, at choice localities.

A.R.K.

Auto Reclaimer Klub

Mopar (GM, FOMOCO) Division 

Just some suggestions. 

Here we go.....DAVIN FROM AUSTRALIA IS MAKING IT TO THE BBQ!!!!

Unbelieveable. I heard a rumor he was trying to figure out a way to make it, and according to his PM, HE DID!

He's catching a ride with my "So Cal" connection, Hank. 

This is TRULY amazing and look forward to adding his handshake to the list of forum members I've met!

When you get  here Davin, we'll share an Amber over the Barbie Mate!

Wohoo! 48D

Unbelieveable. I heard a rumor he was trying to figure out a way to make it, and according to his PM, HE DID!

This is TRULY amazing and look forward to adding his handshake to the list of forum members I've met!

Wohoo! 48D

well guess I've got to figure a way to make it now too!

• Like 1

well guess I've got to figure a way to make it now too!

You saved me sending an email to ya for the challenge Mark. I guess that we'll see you there then hey.

Thanks for the kind words Tim. I'll make flight arrangements shortly. I look forward to hanging out with my mate Hank, and meeting up with many of those in my extended (forum) family.

Wohoo! 48D

Will he be container-shipping his truck over for the BBQ as well? lol!

• Like 1

Will he be container-shipping his truck over for the BBQ as well? lol!

Nothing would make me happier than to have my 52 truck over there John, but the expense of getting it there would be great. I reckon that it would turn some heads in the USA as the factory never released a Desoto truck over there, and you didn't see the 'style-side' body format over there either.

post-3915-0-36525400-1389655122_thumb.jpg