7th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ......

48Dodger

great....expectation from the weather terrorists of 8-12" of white stuff getting dumped over night tomorrow they say....here's hoping it doesn't turn into Airport 1970!

REQUEST: Tim has graciously invited Chloe, her mother and brother to the BBQ. So can someone who will be driving in with a truck bring two medium size bicycles for the kids? They are SUPER excited. I showed them the google picture of Tim's spread. Zach immediately said, I'm going out to that tree?  

I wish safe travels to each and all. 

Paul 

Last Minute Clements Repairs. I enjoyed the thought of not needing to prepare for the trip, just hop in the P-15 Plymouth and drive up Saturday morning. After all, except for some recent rough idling, it had been running all winter without needing attention. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." But it did not work out that way. Monday it started idling really rough, missing, and nearly stalling at the stop lights. It had a history of vacuum leaks in to past so I turned my attention to the carb and intake manifold gaskets. Got lucky. Today I used a kit and rebuilt the two barrel carb (Dodge 318 V8.) Now it has a smooth idle again. I count myself lucky two ways. One, it went south early in the week which gave me time to do repairs. Two, I fixed the right thing and did not chase ignition or fuel delivery systems. Now all I have to do is wash the car and drive up, right? What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 2

Look forward to meeting some of y'all….tossin one of my two trucks on a trailer and draggin it on up. The fluid drive with no front end (in progress) will be my date!

See ya!

• Like 1

Thursday was a work day....and man did we work our tails off. My son's friend Justin (19) mowed the jungle in the back. Jim Shepard and I moved cars and put up the Banner, etc.....I finished the B1BQ's new paint....lol....and finished the main batch of trophies. My son, Zac, handled the weed-eater tasks, and my brother dropped off his pit cooker and webber to help out the ol' B1BQ git the job done. Ram Man 02 drove all way from Delano, Minnesota and got here around 8:30pm! So the party begins! Whoo!

Dave from Vintage Dodge of Jamestown, Ca has invited some friends (clients) from up north in Oregon to bring some 30's Dodge trucks to show off.....one of which I hear is a real bad ass show truck! Not to mention his son planned his trip from Paris to coincide with the BBQ so he and his Dad could camp out by the fire and enjoy the tailgate party. 

John T will be here in the morning to help with the final clean up and Merle and Mark should be flying in around in the afternoon, followed by Paul Flaming and his family.....*whew*...... Can't wait!!! 

48D

p.s.  new paint for the B1BQ.....lol. Might tone the fenders down a bit later, but hey, what's life without a few "risks" ^_^   

post-340-0-19224300-1396599191_thumb.jpg

Don't do this any more, but I've paid fees to go to truck shows that will NEVER equal what will happen on Saturday!  Now if all the  pickers would bring their guitars, we could have a hoe down!  Tim, thank you in advance for a great weekend. 

6" of the white stuff over night...we were all cleaned up now the plows will come thru and muck everything up.  Still snowing!  Hoping it doesn't delay my flight!

I must say that it is a little strange being here in USA and getting use to travelling in the passenger seat of the vehicle without a steering wheel in front of me. I have to admit that (in all of the confusion to locate Hank and get away from the airport) I headed to the (your) driver's side of the vehicle - thinking that I was jumping in the passenger seat! The 13 and 1/2 hour flight over here was 'enjoyable' as I was sitting next a very good looking 36 year old girl and we chatted most of the way - if only I was so lucky for the return 14 hour flight hey! I have already worn an extra dent in the floor of Hank's green truck using my imaginary brake pedal - no knocking Hank's driving style, but everyone seems to drive a little bit crazy here in USA!

We head up closer to the BBQ later today and I believe will make an appearance there tomorrow. We're just heading down to look at Hank's truck again now. I believe a quick check with the multi-meter on the faulty coil wire has just solved the reason why we stopped driving in it yesterday. I look forward to meeting those of you at the BBQ real soon.

• Like 1

I must say that it is a little strange being here in USA and getting use to travelling in the passenger seat of the vehicle without a steering wheel in front of me. I have to admit that (in all of the confusion to locate Hank and get away from the airport) I headed to the (your) driver's side of the vehicle - thinking that I was jumping in the passenger seat! The 13 and 1/2 hour flight over here was 'enjoyable' as I was sitting next a very good looking 36 year old girl and we chatted most of the way - if only I was so lucky for the return 14 hour flight hey! I have already worn an extra dent in the floor of Hank's green truck using my imaginary brake pedal - no knocking Hank's driving style, but everyone seems to drive a little bit crazy here in USA!

We head up closer to the BBQ later today and I believe will make an appearance there tomorrow. We're just heading down to look at Hank's truck again now. I believe a quick check with the multi-meter on the faulty coil wire has just solved the reason why we stopped driving in it yesterday. I look forward to meeting those of you at the BBQ real soon.

On my first trip to Australia I had a non-stop flight from LA to Sidney. I recall it being something like 16 hours. Got the rental car paperwork taken care of and went out to pick up the car and jumped in the passenger seat to drive off. . . Not real easy navigating from the Sidney airport to Oxford Falls without an overview map and no freeway while sleep deprived and driving on the wrong side for the first time. Signaled a lot of turns with my windshield wipers. :)

Best of luck on the drive up to Clements with a vehicle that stopped on its own yesterday. Really do hope you've got that figured out.

p.s. While freeway drivers are pretty much the same throughout California, surface roads and streets are a lot more mellow once you are out of the LA metro area. As proof of that, when my wife and I moved from LA to the SF south bay our auto insurance dropped by 50%. Same drivers, same driving record, same cars, just a different area. When I visit the LA area I get pretty white knuckled nowadays but it never bothered me at all when I lived there.

I am not fan of driving in Sydney either. We're not bringing Hank's truck to the BBQ unfortunately. Couldn't' find the BBQ address whilst travelling .- would someone please post it for us. Hard to type whilst travelling on freeway # 5.

Had more rain here this morning and early afternoon than I'd expected but it is clearing up now and the forecast for tomorrow is still for perfect weather in Clements.

post-45-0-95569900-1396649345_thumb.jpg

Took some time to do something I rarely get around to: Cleaning the car. Now it is already for the Central Valley bug collection.

Full house already...Whole crew hanging around fire....and having a blast!

See you all tomorrow !!!!

48D

• Like 1

Tim.....Unfortunately I'm not going to make it this year, wasn't able to borrow my friends trailer and the truck is not quite ready to make the drive yet.

Hope you all have a great time (I'm sure you will) and I'll see you at next years BBQ.

• Like 1

Hope you all are having a GREAT TIME and eating LOT of Hamburgers and Hot Dogs. Hope one year to drive my truck there to meet the gang who will be there then.

Way to much fun is all I can say! Meeting other members and sharing stories and seeing all the trucks. .. Way overload. Tim is the ULTIMATE host! PROST!!

Pictures when I get home next week after the hockey games.

Is it next year yet?

Edited by ggdad1951

Sunrise on a very special place and event.

2014BBQ001_zpsb99cb866.jpg

One line of very nice trucks. You can see that we Love our Dodges but accept others as well. 

2014BBQ004_zps5e67cbc8.jpg

Is there a resemblance? whatever,  the host and his special friend.

2014BBQ003_zps13ae7729.jpg

Chloe and Zach.  About half way home from the back seat we heard, "Thank you for taking us"!  In the morning Chloe said, "Nana, these are really nice people!" and she is correct.  

2014BBQ005_zpsf81048c9.jpg

• Like 4