from the driver's seat and other images

mrwrstory

Put some miles on Ruby today. Two hours cruising around town, and stopped to visit a friend and his '35 olds. (Forgot to take pictures... ) Still have another week or so to go before the leaves are at peek here in central mass, but Apple picking is in full swing, and all the city folk have come out to clog up the streets in our little town.

post-3941-0-88346200-1412542563_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Did a little cruise West to East in Southern So. San Diego Co. very close to the Mexico border with a bunch of buds.  Roadhouse stops in sleepy dusty communities for breakfast, lunch and beers.  A lot of history in mining, agriculture, railroad and frontier conflict to be experienced.  The scenery was pretty special, in a desolate way, too.

WARNING,........images may be offensive to Plymouth purists,.....there are none  :o 

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/wstory/slideshow/Boogie%20to%20South%20SD%20Co?sort=6

Img_9694_zpsa37c87da.jpg

Img_9728_zps98033790.jpg

Edited by mrwrstory
  • Like 1

Thanks for Sharing your pictures Bill, Looks like you had a  nice So Cal day to take a cruise.

Once again I'm envious of the So. Cal. weather and your ability to cruise and do cool car stuff year round. Nice pics.

It DOES come with a price though.

Took the '46 Business Coupe for a cruise down the George Washington Memorial Parkway to Mount Vernon the day after Thanksgiving. Such a lovely drive!

Quick question: Is there any definitive proof that shows the correct orientation of the windshield wiper knob? Is mine backwards?

post-7278-0-41883100-1418147781_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

mrwrstory, on 16 Dec 2014 - 3:59 PM, said:

Boy, what an eye.  One sure has to be careful with posting on this site.

They are little vinyl caps, dunno from where, that I put to keep the metal part of the wiper blade from scratching the SS trim.

Interesting. My blades in the uppermost position are nowhere close to the trim and it appears that when parked they have made a couple of scratches in the trim. I never noticed this before.

PC160001_01.jpg

PC160002_01.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I flew in one of those amphibians many years ago on vacation in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Cool part was when I boarded the pilot asked me if I wanted to sit up from in the co-pilot seat. Even better was the window opened and you could poke you elbow out! Taking off in 2-3 foot chop was pretty intense. Still remember him cranking up the landing gear.  Those days are gone.

• 7 months later...

Had to get dad's restored Chrysler out for pictures today (part of the requirement for applying to have it registered as a collector vehicle) and while doing so decided to go for a little ramble. That turned out to be so much fun that when I came back I did the same thing in the 40.

post-2834-0-96358400-1442104373_thumb.jpg

post-2834-0-66363800-1442104416_thumb.jpg

post-2834-0-29268000-1442104452_thumb.jpg

post-2834-0-25161000-1442104467_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

On Labor Day, I took the '37 for a little drive of 83 miles. This is the longest drive I have taken. It was a 90 degree day, and the Plymouth ran great. Temp stayed at 180 and oil pressure was good. About 15 miles of that ride was on dirt road, and it cruised along at 35 - 40mph. At one spot on that road, it makes a quick left-right-left zig-zag (that I MIGHT have taken a little fast). Car did lean and fishtail a little (wife wasn't too happy). Almost felt like an ol' moonshiner. "Ain't no copper goin' to get this load a 'shine!". Started the trip by going to Romeo, Michigan for the Peach Festival Parade my grandson was in. Romeo was a stop on the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. The houses in the pictures were built in 1852 and 1864.

024g_zpsrrdund82.jpg

http://i26.ph

otobucket.com/albums/c141/LAKOTA169/Car%20Images/MY%20CARS/024b_zpsvwttxiy4.jpg

025a_zpsimcky79r.jpg

026a_zpswapk2tkt.jpg

027a_zpsfxw0tqbv.jpg

028b_zpsx1hui5mw.jpg

• Like 3

See you had the AC on-- Windshield open and vent pushed out! :)

Nice pics, love the 37 bus. cpes as I had one in the early 70's but very stupidly sold! :(

• 1 month later...

The 4th Annual CanAm Curmudgeons Cruise is "in the books".  We had 40 Canucks and Yanks in cool cars for a week long blast drinking beer, kickin tires and givin each other carp.  All covered about 3K miles, meeting in No. Calif, drivin up the Oregon coast, East along the Columbia River and South to Grant's Pass where we went our separate ways home. 

The Hemi performed without a hitch except,....the new electric fuel pump failed.  Just an hour patching-in another's spare and we were on our way.

Life is good.  More pics for those who are interested @

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/wstory/library/Curmudgeon%202015%20Cruise?sort=9&page=1

-

Img_2742_zps1lgzit7j.jpg

-

Img_2758_zpsyiimfjx7.jpg

-

Img_2766_zpsezlqmne5.jpg

-

Img_2839_zpsjlgkq7se.jpg

-

Img_2943_zpspinkkkmy.jpg

-

Img_2964_zps6imqhwuk.jpg