from the driver's seat and other images

mrwrstory

On 3/10/2019 at 8:56 PM, mrwrstory said:

y'all are lucky.  You get time to work on your cars in the Winter.  We here in the Southwest have to drive ours year 'round and never have enough time to properly maintain them.  *X( angry

Now there's a glass half full/half empty view of things....... ?

Seriously,...those of us in the South and particularly the Southwest are blessed with the best weather a car nut could want.  I am originally from Detroit and grew up with the seasons' challenges as the norm.  We made the most of the cold or snow or rain or the heat because it was there.  And, there was no complaint.  The mostly mild weather here in SoCal are a gift that I acknowledge everyday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I really do have more friends than the blokes shown in these pics.  Just that they are always up for a morning breakfast and cruise.  And,....I'm always struck with the pleasure of viewing the world framed, or better yet focused through the aperture of my car's windshield.

Drives seat 2.jpg

Drivers Seat 1.jpg

Drivers seat 3.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Every summer, Island Falls, ME (pop. @ 800) hosts a "Summerfest", wherein a couple of local businesses host a cruise-in.  Ostensibly for our car club, but all are welcome.  They have a BBQ, music, and general good time to kick off the town's Summerfest weekend, which is the last weekend in July.  A pretty good to-do for such a small town. 

Staging.JPG.25a923edc055736a621b67b4e1880dc2.JPG

Club members staging in Houlton for the 30-mile trip to Island Falls.  The "hard luck" trophy went to the owner of that Galaxie convertible, he lost a hubcap on the way down that we couldn't find.

I95.JPG.e50c6ad90029a18ffc38e2406c2b8476.JPG

A first for our Dodge - "zipping" down an Interstate on its own (...any Interstate).  I-95, and yes, for those who have ever been on I-95, this road with one car between me and the horizon is the same I-95 with almost 24/7 bumper-to-bumper traffic just about any other place on the eastern seaboard.  The club has the slowest car lead on cruises, turned out to be us this trip, but despite leaking quite a bit of oil, the ol' girl hummed along pretty good.

Overview.JPG.4f5294ef67b6227e905e8f50ccc1b317.JPG

1033838109_Backrow.JPG.d7173a3bcbdba1d86ce5f69e9fae8dd7.JPG

A couple general views of the cars in attendance.  25 in all, which I think is pretty good for such a small venue.  Just a few Mopar products, our Dodge, a '36 Dodge sedan, and the Polara above.  That '46 Dodge truck is on a GM 3/4 ton frame & drive train, it's the guy's daily driver/work truck.  And there was a '32 Plymouth coupe hot-rod with a Chevrolet engine.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...