OT - Troubleshooting a Scooter...

Jim Saraceno

So did you get to ride the silly thing???  In NY 50cc and down you can license for the street, and do not need a motorcycle endorsement on your Driver's License.  Over 50 cc you need to get the MC stamp .  I do not think I would ride anything that small on the road with today's traffic and drivers.  Might be ok around a small village or at a over 55 retirement park.   

Not yet, I didn't quite get it all back together, plus it need a new battery. At 49cc I don't think it you need a licence or helmet. I'm not sure if it even has to be registered.

Anyway, it will be several weeks before we get back together again and I can finish putting the scooter together. We'll probably each run it around the parking lot then it will sit there for another 5 years!