Brut sandblasters

Bobacuda

Anyone here have experience with Brut sandblasters (99H or the 101H)?  They look to be better constructed than "box store" sandblasters; likewise, they cost more.  I have not been able to find many reviews on them by actual users.  Thanks for the input.

Does anyone have any experience with Brut sandblasters (99H of 101H)?  I am thinking about buying one for use on my vehicles, but I have not been able to find many "car guy" reviews.  I can find lots of reviews on the inexpensive "box store" sandblasters, so I was wondering if the Brut really delivers more value for the price.

Thanks. 

I've had the 99 for 6 or 7 years. Works fine.

Looks like the 101 now comes with a water separator, they didn't when I bought mine. 99 now comes with a choke valve. You need that to clear wet or stuck sand. Mine was extra. 

It appears that they are both the same, except the 101 comes with a water separator. You'll need one or maybe 2, so it isn't wasted, but you can buy one cheaper elsewhere.

They do just fine. I started with a 5 hp 2 stage compressor, it didn't come close. I since bought an Ingersol Rand 7.5 2 stage, it is ok, just is enough. They offer smaller nozzles that would do with less air, go with one that is on the conservative side. It takes a lot of air.

The ceramic nozzle won't last long, order several of the hard steel nozzles when you buy it. They last quite a while. You'll also go through the rubber thing the nozzles rest against when it's shut off. It is what serves as the valve to shut it off when you release it. Get several of those when you order it.

I've done several vehicles and lots of parts with it.

Feel free to ask specific questions if you have any.

Edit:  By the way, their people are good about answering questions. Call them to chat, they've been pretty straight with me the times  I called with questions.

Edited by austinsailor

Have one when they were sold by TIP. I run mine on 5 hp 2 stage but I have the larger tank and use 1/2 inch hose. Works great. Austin's comments are correct. You have to have a good water separator and a decent compressor or you will be hating it.  I would recommend getting the largest tank you can afford. It's a lot of works to set everything up and take it down when finished and the larger tanks will enable you to best use your time blasting instead of straining and filling abrasive.  Don't forget proper safety equipment.  

I s also have a 5' scatblast cabinet, but that's a whole different animal.

As to tank size, I think you're talking about the blaster, not the compressor. They are all equal except what they hold. The smallest is enough to blast about 15 minutes to a half hour depending on your orfice size. you'll want a break by then, so the smallest is probably fine. Full, it's about all you want to move anyway.

Gene G.

Edited by austinsailor

of course it is a different animal...its a cabinet blaster as stated....I have a 5 footer Scatblast, 3 foot Dayton, two bucket blasters, recycle spot blaster and of course the pressure pot blaster..even a dedicated sandblasting building...there are many things/jobs that require many modes of blasting...bucket blaster is probably the most universal of them all...but again..each has their own attributes

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

hard to say the problem..is the walnut crushed fine enough for the siphon to pick it up....also..fora quick test, place your finger over the end of the nozzle..feed some air..this will back blow the line and pickup tube and clear most obstructions...often it does not take much to restrict the low in a siphon unit...