A fun Saturday with my grandson

chopt50wgn

There was a local show on Saturday,19th............it was at a farm that had all the fall fun stuff, hayrides, corn maze etc. My grandson has not had a ride in pop-pop's new hot rod so I called him to see if he was interested in going and he called me back and said yes. I picked him up at my daughters place which is on the way to the show. When he got in he looked over at me and said "awesome". He is 10 years old and he has been going with me to car events since he was in a stroller. But this was the first time he got to ride in my new hot rod. We both had a great time and it's too bad the season is coming to an end here but I told him next spring we will start going to more shows.

• Like 4

This former station was salvaged and is in this man's back yard. I needed a picture of Zachary for a school project so I included a little history at the same time. I see I did not shoot the best of pictures so will return for my picture album. 

DodgetruckandRichfieldStation001_zps451e

DodgetruckandRichfieldStation004_zps7f85

DodgetruckandRichfieldStation003_zpsc0fa

DodgetruckandRichfieldStation002_zps9092

• Like 2

This former station was salvaged and is in this man's back yard. I needed a picture of Zachary for a school project so I included a little history at the same time. I see I did not shoot the best of pictures so will return for my picture album. 

Very cool Richfield station there. I recall that they advertised that they used a boron additive instead of lead.

There is a very nice restored old gas station associated with the oil industry museum in Coalinga, only about 80 miles from you. Have you been there?

Not my grandson but Lila Landis my grand daughter, and not car related, but I was proud to see my fairy grand daughter in her acting debut at her high school play yesterday evening. This girl who was once very shy has matured into a beautiful young lady and did an excellent job as a performer.

1375857_661557377197122_929385540_n.jpg

• Like 2

Beautiful coupe in that picture! One of the joys of being a grand parent is seeing the grand kids grow and develop. We're 'raising' (at our home after school and for dinner M-F) two of ours and I see developmental things I did not see when our children grew up.  It's a bit restrictive but it's family.  

BravoFarmsShow014_zps0415b386.jpg

BravoFarmsShow015_zps16284c05.jpg

• Like 1

IMG_1009-001_zps4b499e43.jpgWell here is my 8 year old grandson and he loves old cars and he expecially loves my old motor home.  I try to spend every other weekend with him just doing something or maybe just having him over night for anything goes!  He really loves playing with my computer and of course watching all the kids movies on Nexflicks!  I really believe that he will turn into a young man that loves to tinker with mechanical things and he already show a real interest in that field.  Of course I love my grandson very much and I have been told by others he feels the same toward me and my bride Kathy!IMG_1055-002_zpsc0d57cd4.jpg

Edited by JIPJOBXX
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, old gold said:

IMG_0473.JPG.a2e9815a2b7c8c1f8bf60cfd63823dcc.JPG  Grand daughters 1924 Custer at the Car Show. The Panel Truck has become a car hauler.IMG_0472.JPG.77276617c85cb1fcfc84870cc9914abe.JPG

Edited by old gold
The picture and print came up wrong