Lights on, headlight gone, carb all wrong

MaineP15

Lights all good, have been working the foot switch and re-did grounds, can get high/low beams.....most of the time.

Also, got the bows and headliner out today.  Pretty dry rotten!

When I punch the gas, it boggs down, then picks back up, I can get it to stall by flooring it.

I tinkered with the carb, im sure that is where the problem lay.

Edited by MaineP15

It's a step in the right direction,but the most important light is the brake light. Do they work?

You probably need to replace the bellows portion of the accelerator pump.  You should be able to see a good stream gas being shot into the carb when you open the throttle linkage.  If it isn't there then the pump is probably the problem.  the bellows is a leather than can dry out, so if the car had been without gas it has probably dried out and no longer comes into contact with the sides of the chamber.  Think old leather bicycle air pump.  some times you can rejuvinate it by soaking it in oil.  You will need to remove the top of the carb to see it. and probably remove the carb from the engine to service it.  If you need to get a new one ruor has it that Napa has them.  I got mine from George Asche (contact info in suppliers list area) 

Not trying to insult here at all, but is your choke working correctly? The choke in my windsor would get stuck, sometimes wide open, sometimes halfway and sometimes all the way closed and it caused all kinds of hell with runability...stalling, surging, bucking, hard starting etc. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure it out when that magical light bulb in my head went off...the thermostatic spring in the intake was gummed up and binding...some quick blasts with carb cleaner and a light coat of white lithium got it working like a champ.

Hendo, no insult at all. you cant insult me, Im learning here. thank you for the response

I have checked the choke, all seems well there.

once i giddy up and go the bogging is non-existent. it only happens from a dead stop, and only when i punch the gas.