Scammers and Hershey

DCurrent

Hello fellas,

First, let me mention that I think a scammer has just contacted me from the wanted section. I have a ad asking for a turn signal housing under the wanted section. Do we have a member under this name?

Dwain Dwain [dwaindwaindwain@hotmail.com]

Hi, i am  from SPAIN, do you still want to buy the on-line enquiry, i have for sale and condition Ok, i will email you photos and more information  as soon as i know your interest,  i have good experience in international shipping, so no problem about that, i can deliver  to your door at good rate, let me know if still interested, thanks and hope to hear from you soon

Regards

This doesn't sound right.

Secondly, I just got back from visiting Hershey for the first time. WOW!!! What a BIG swap meet. Too bad it rained for two days solid, but I got two days in before all the rain. Probably a good thing because I would have come home broke. I wished I could have seen more, but I think I just might try and do it again next year. So much to see and buy. I did score a few headlight rings and that was about it as far as Plymouth related goes. If you guys are into swap meets, you gotta do Hershey!

This was my 25th year of attending Hershey.  I was there when we did not have the paved fields. Most of the fields were just grass and when it rained it turned into to mud that was at least 6-10 inches deep in the asiles.  Those were the good old days. 

Hershey has changed a lot of the 25 years that I have been going but as you stated it is one of the largest event o the east coast. 

Rain is always something that happens during Hershey.  There have been years in which it has not rained but we always expected it to rain at least one day but not three days like it did this year. There was a stationary front that hung around the area and did not clear out.  So a lot of venders left on Thursday late afternoon and Thursday evening.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

The email you got is a complete and total scam.  It has all the classic features......generic wording, person is in a far-away place and is usually without the ability to send a picture of what you want, no access to PayPal but easy access to Western Union, etc.  The best thing you can do is ignore it.

These scams make my blood boil.  Sooner or later some poor soul bites and these guys get a big pay day.

• Like 1

Got the same reply to my parts wanted! Ignored! :mad:

Wonder if GTK can block this person??

Suspect many got the same message on this forum that have a parts wanted ad.  :angry:

Doug

Edited by DJ194950

This guy contacted me again on my personal email . He actually sent me pics of a car he was supposedly parting out.............get this..........these pics are of a perfectly restored 50 Ply wagon. Like he's parting that out................I thought I blocked him on my email. Guess I will have to try that all over again.

I just deleted his email and if he gets hold of me again..................I will not hold back on some good ole whoop ass.

......if he gets hold of me again..................I will not hold back on some good ole whoop ass.

When I think something is a scam, I break off all communications and that's the end of that.  Maybe I'm overly cautious, but you never know who you're dealing with, or what they know about you.  Scammers don't like to be strung along (their valuable time is best spent looking for new victims) and I'd be worried about retaliation from them.

Selling parts on Craigslist gets me a lot of werid stuff....so I guess we can expect the same here too. But having said that......Christine from germany really surprised me. I was sure she was a scammer from Kenya of Russia or where ever they come from, but she was real. Her first letter sounded legit, but her follow up letters were full of bad grammar. Long story short, she made the trip to California to visit family and buy parts from me. Crazy world with the internet. lol.

48D

a craigslist story......