Trying to identify my Transmission in the P15

ssnowden

I'm cleaning up the car (obviously not done with all the crud still in the pic) and wanted to determine as much as I can on the transmission.  The gearshift housing has 853855-63 with PF I think above and I don't know what the symbol below is. 

20131010_154501.jpg

On the case near the extension it looks like the numbers are KP15C 220 48. There is another number on the extension 853880-32. 

20131010_154507.jpg

Don't know much about your transmission as it is newer than the stuff on my car. But the symbol below the number is the old DPCD (Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, DeSoto) logo used back in the '30s before the Chrysler owned Motor Parts Corporation became their brand for service parts and before Motor Parts Corporation was shortened to MoPar.

lay it beside a bucket of walnut..the transmission will be obvious....banter aside, do you have the entire tranny cleaned as I think the actual identification number you are looking for is lower right center of the main housing...maybe a left and right picture of the entire tranny?

I did a quick wire brush job on the right side and found this number where you said it would be Tim.  Looks like 853853-17.

20131010_175159.jpg

Here are a couple of full pics of the rusty and greasy beast.

20131010_175242.jpg

20131010_175206.jpg

Is there a reason you think your transmission is not original?

Not really, but since the engine is a 230 from a 53 Dodge M37 or similar military truck, I just wanted to know as much as I can about it.