Emergency Brake Band Assembly Question

Dodgebawl

Could someone please post some photos showing how the screw, spring, and lockwire (Parts 4-06-11,-3,-5) are affixed to the emergency brake band assembly and the drum support (on the driver side)?  The screw and spring were missing from my 49 4-speed so I ordered replacements from VPW but in looking at the hand brake diagram and parts list I see where they go but I can not determine exactly how they fit together.  My search on the forum showed a lot of photos detailing the lever  side (passenger side) of the band assembly but not the driver side.  Photos would be very helpful. Thanks!

Thanks for posting the picture but the parts that I am asking about are located at about 10:00 o'clock in the picture which can barely be seen by the u-joint.  That is what I would like to see pictures of so I can see how they go together.  I understand how all the springs etc. in the right side of the picture go together.

Thanks, but I have  the diagram and parts list but  I can not figure out how the screw, spring and safety wire attach to the drum assembly and support that is located on the driver's side of the emergency brake assembly. Not the spring assembly located on the passenger side of the drum.  I am sure it is simple but it would be really helpful to me if someone has a close up photo of this on their truck they could post.

The vehicle is a 1949 B1B with a 4-speed transmission.  The emergency brake has been relined and the band assembly pieces on the passengers side have been put back together.  That little spring, screw and safety wire that goes on the driver's side of the band assembly is what I would like to see a photo of if anybody has one they could post. 

I have looked through my series of pictures that I took the last time I pulled my trans to see if I had captured an angle that would give you what you need. But alas, I don't have one. Maybe, if I remember, I can crawl under my truck tonight and get a pic for you. Unless someone else comes up with something before then.

Merle

The only thing on the drivers side of my brake band is the cable and lever but mine is a 3 on the tree with the emergency brake mounted to the firewall, the cable with the little swaged ball end and a wrong cable made right by cutting and overlapping and double ugly swaging (hey but it works).

SwagedCable_zps91564c5c.jpg

I don't think I can be of any help but am interested in the outcome.

Someone ?

Hank  :)

Edited by HanksB3B

The vehicle is a 1949 B1B with a 4-speed transmission.  The emergency brake has been relined and the band assembly pieces on the passengers side have been put back together.  That little spring, screw and safety wire that goes on the driver's side of the band assembly is what I would like to see a photo of if anybody has one they could post. 

Lever or cable activated? 

Here's a few pics to study, but they all say the same thing:  the spring allows the brake band to float on it's mounting arm; the bolt is used to adjust the brake band; and the lock wire keeps the bolt from turning.

On the '48 3 spd I added a zinc-plated flat washer, but it's not needed.

post-2888-0-12498600-1381438587_thumb.jpgpost-2888-0-16533800-1381438598_thumb.jpg

The '49 spur gear 4 spd is similar to the '48.

post-2888-0-18009600-1381438611_thumb.jpgpost-2888-0-49954400-1381438622_thumb.jpg

The '51 synchro 4 spd is similar to the '49 except that the mounting arm is in the 10 o'clock position instead of the 9 o'clock position.

post-2888-0-01559900-1381438636_thumb.jpgpost-2888-0-64312900-1381438647_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Brian, that is what I wanted to see.  From your photos it appears that the spring is placed on the inside of the brake band between the brake band bracket and the left or driver's side of the mounting arm. The bolt is then inserted into the brake band bracket passing thru the spring and into the mounting arm, correct? 

Thanks Brian, that is what I wanted to see.  From your photos it appears that the spring is placed on the inside of the brake band between the brake band bracket and the left or driver's side of the mounting arm. The bolt is then inserted into the brake band bracket passing thru the spring and into the mounting arm, correct? 

IIRC, yes. And you adjust the bolt to get the correct band to drum clearance (along with adjusting the nuts on the rod the actuating lever pulls).