front end rebuild

58prostreet

Just rebuilt front end on 52 wayfarer. Installed fatman dropped spindles and plydo disc brake conversion. Does anyone know how many turns i should get lock to lock on steering wheel. I am getting 2 full turns, but doesn't feel like enuf. Also doesn' look right, but that may be because i have the front clip off.

I routed flexible brake line between steering knuckle upright and steering knuckle, right beside the bottom of king pin. This doesn't look good, but don't see any other practicle way to route. Car is on stands so cant see what is going to happen when it is on ground and i get suspension travel. Anyone have any answers or suggestions....

Thanks

Bob

Thanks for the link to both articles..I have printed both but don't see how brake line is routed. Also neither mentioned the turning. I just need to get down on ground and see how it steers. I hate to bleed brakes and then have to reroute the soft brake line. Anyway, I'll wait another day or so and see if anyone replies...Thanks for ur help

Bob

Thanx for the photos...looks like 1st picture ran line over top of steering knuckle...I will go look at mine again...the caliper is located on rear of rotor near firewall...the flexible line is on bottom of caliper....bleeder on top.

How are u coming on ur rebuild...mines all back together but have not put front fenders back on yet...I'm out of town for about 10 days starting next week, so it may be a while b4 i get back on road..I'm not much on computers, but I may be able to get my daughter to get some pictures on here for me...If so I'll forward them to u......Thanx for ur reply and help

Bob

Unfortunately, work and weather were/are interfering with the Chrysler project. Oh, and money:(

I'm still hoping it will be running and moving under it's own steam very soon:)

The parts I was waiting for arrived 2 weeks ago, so it's just a matter of getting enough time to git 'er done.