Horn parts

49 Special Deluxe

Hi All

Does anyone know where I can get a horn ring ( not sure of what it is called).

The part I’m after goes between the horn button and sits inside the steering wheel. Also the wire for the horn runs up the inside of the steering column connects to the ring via a connector.

Sorry about the weird description.

Cheers

Horn rings were made for specific years and model of cars and also trucks.  There is no generic horn ring.

For anyone to help you we need to know the year and model of car or truck that you are looking to get a horn ring.

We can not read your mind.

Rich HArtung

Desoto1939@aol.com

Welcome Aussie49,

I'm guessing that you a '49 but not sure if it's a Plymouth or Chrysler. You may find a horn ring on sites like eBay but maybe on the expensive side; however, Rich is right in that if there's more specific information provided other members might have seen something or even have something that might be available in your search. Good luck with your project. ;)

The way I read it he's not talking about the chrome ring the driver uses rather the pieces under it that hold the chrome ring wire etc and make the horn function. Aussie can you post a picture of what you have so we can try and fill in the blanks?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Young Ed, yes that is what I am trying to replace.

The way I read it he's not talking about the chrome ring the driver uses rather the pieces under it that hold the chrome ring wire etc and make the horn function. Aussie can you post a picture of what you have so we can try and fill in the blanks?

I have a 1949 Plymouth Special deluxe sedan that has been converted to 12v

Young Ed, yes that is what I am trying to replace.

I have a 1949 Plymouth Special deluxe sedan that has been converted to 12v

I just fixed my horn a week ago. If someone didn't ad a 12v relay in place of the old 6v relay, be sure to do so. It took me a little bit to figure out how the ground is separated from the bits under the ring, but I did. I din't want to install it together till I understood it. The way that the ground wire is fixed to the brass T can be done in other ways if you are missing the two small pieces. Others here can explain if you need details. The Spring, the brass T and a cup washer can't be ignored though.