Road Trip Through The Americas

Don Coatney

If the engine is tight from being a fresh rebuild you should find it running cooler after it gets a little more broken in. Glad to hear you are having a good trip with minimal difficulties.

Day 4. Not a lot to report.Drove from Winchester, Va to Titusville, Pennsylvania. No car issues. Battery on my camera went flat as soon as I wanted to take pictures today so no new photos. Stopped and had a nice fisit with George Asche. He seems to be doing better than the last time I paid him a visit. Every place we stop people surround the car with great complements. Having fun.

Plan tomorrow is to leave early, drive to Buffalo for a short visit with my son, cross over into Canada with a short stop to look as the falls, and head around lake Huron until we get tired.

Around Lake Huron as in south of it towards Port Huron, or east and north towards Sault Ste. Marie?  If south, I'd recommend taking the Sombra / Marine City ferry back into the U.S.  Crosses the St. Clair River @ 20 miles south of the Blue Water Bridge (Sarnia / Port Huron), and is a $6 toll vs. the $3.50 at the bridge, but being a Friday or weekend the Bridge can be backed up for hours.  Inspection back into the U.S. tends to be a bit gentler there, too.  But if you get seasick, don't do it if its windy.  About a 10 minute ride across the river.  If I can get out of the office, I'll keep an eye out for you'uns on Grand Island or towards Niagara Falls on the U.S. side.  (Don't fret if you feel youre being stalked by an unmarked black police Charger.)  If you haven't planned it already, I'd also recommend taking the Robert Moses Parkway (off I-190 as it leaves Grand Island) into Niagara Falls.  Its more scenic, and the other routes into NF are pretty rough.  Look for signs to "American Falls". 

Spoke to Don on the phone this evening..they had just passed over into Canada...shooting for Toronto tonight.  All is well..no oil consumption....decent fuel mileage for a loaded car of that size..they were cruising 60 MPH and with the stop and go included avg is 15 MPG

They had stopped earlier this evening at Don's son's house and spent some time visiting before hitting the road.  He will try to get online tonight if possible.  He was so tired last night he fell asleep without charging his cell phone or his camera...so no pics of today's scenery.  Promises to  do better.....

They have that in the car Greg but it is primary for the navi system and the road tunes...while don may have charged his cell..am thinking his camera is still on the AC outlet...if USB..not sure he has an adapter for that with him for 12 volt use...he needs to grab one at a truck stop or next Wally World...

Don can't take pics??

I find that hard to believe!

I guess getting older does have it's effects.

Just kidding ya Don.

Hope you're having a great time!

Doug

Landed in Toronto for the night. Discovered my GPS does not work in Canada. Of interest both my and Billies Cell phones got 3 text messages the instant we crossed into Canada. And I dont text. Took a few photos with Billy Camera as my battery was still flat. Paid a visit to the Zippo car and Niagara falls. Total miles to date 1600. Follow the link for all photos.

http://smg.photobucket.com/upload?location=Billy Austin/day 4-5

DSCN1542.jpg

DSCN1529.jpg

DSCN1516.jpg

DSCN1513.jpg

DSCN1522.jpg

DSCN1524.jpg

• Like 2