Jeep Sway Bar On My P15

Oldguy48

Today I installed a sway bar removed from a Jeep Cherokee, on my P15.  The Jeep sway bar had a much larger diameter (26 MM or 1.024") than the original P15 bar.  Took a bit of fabrication to put it all together, but the old gal has much refined road manners now.  Took a ride around the neighborhood, about 5 or 6 miles, and it seemed to work well.  I think I'll take it out on the highway tomorrow and see how that goes!  I'll try to post some pics if anyone is interested.

Wayne

• Like 1

Well, I'm not entirely sure.  My son-in-law rescued it from Harry's U-Pull-It a couple of years ago with the intention of installing it on a different vehicle.  I'm guessing it was a mid-80's or early 90's Jeep Cherokee.  It was a bit too narrow at the bushings to fit the P15 frame, so I fabbed some 1/4" x 3 1/2" steel flat stock that bolted to the P15 frame, and gave me a place to bolt up the bushing mounts on the sway bar.  I also split some 1/8" x 2" x 2" steel tubing to attach to the lower A-frame on each side, that the end links attach to.  If I can get the pics loaded, it should give you a good idea of what was involved.

Wayne

Well, as promised, here are the pics.

Looks like something designed and created by a pro to me. Very clean installation.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...