D42 Questions

pumppy10

well I pick up this motor today, along with it came a fluid drive trans set up, I do not need the tranny set up but it was part of the deal, got it all for $50.00. Guy really wanted it out of his garage. Now my next question is can I run my 218 flywheel on the 230 (230 has 8 hole flange on crank, if not where can I lay my hands on a 230 flywheel?

I would check the offset on the 218 flywheel. While it may bolt up to the 230 crank, the offset may not be deep enough to allow your starter to engage the flywheel. I think the flange on the 230 crank may be thicker than the flange on the 218 crank.

Jim Yergin

Vpw (a advertiser on this forum) sells used 230ci flywheels. Maybe not cheap, but maybe less thans Don's solution of machining the starter mounting face of the bellhousing, believe that was as simular problem of depth of the starter/flywheel . :confused:

Check if this is needed, I really don't know as while I have motors, 218 and 230 cranks but only flywheels for 218ci. I don't have any extra bellhousings. Maybe someone does and can give a more complete answer.

I would also like to know for future use! :)

Doug

also, if anyone is interested in this fluid drive set up they are welcome to it, just come and get it, I have no use and it will just be in my way until it goes out the door, I dodn't want anything for it. comes with bell, converter, clutch and gear box.

I'd be there in an hour but you are not in the seattle area :mad:

also, if anyone is interested in this fluid drive set up they are welcome to it, just come and get it, I have no use and it will just be in my way until it goes out the door, I dodn't want anything for it. comes with bell, converter, clutch and gear box.

Where are you located?