Club Tour This Weekend At The Norstrom Aiplane Hanger In Seattle

JIPJOBXX

The vintage car club that I belong to went on a great tour this weekend and it was over to Settle by ferry boat and then oft to Boing Field to check out an airplane hanger that the Norstrom family owns and keeps its private planes parked inside and also has an area set aside for tours.  As you can see by the movie it is a really neat place to visit and I met the president of the Norstrom Corporation a young man maybe 35 or so.  He is a car nut like all of us but just has a little bit more money to put into his hobby.  Really a nice guy and loves cars!!!!!!!!!!!  Anyway here is a short movie (1 minute) of the hanger area where we met and got to have lunch inside while checking out all the neat stuff!!!!!!!!! Jon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idplsTsTepI

post-103-0-28643900-1377526081_thumb.jpg

post-103-0-57966100-1377526097_thumb.jpg

post-103-0-60976900-1377526118_thumb.jpg

post-103-0-99803900-1377526141_thumb.jpg

post-103-0-21534400-1377526158_thumb.jpg

They have three corporate planes that they use in their bussiness and they allowed us to go on board and look at whatever we wanted to check out.  The float plane to me was pretty interesting but that turbo prop plane that was first cabin but everything in that building was first cabin right down to the old jukebox that you could play by dropping a nickel into the slot.  Thats the music you hear in the background in my short little movie.  The person who was in charge of this tour really a did a  110 percent job and of course all of us members who got to go on this outing were completly satisfied with his program he set up for us.  Our club OVAC is open to the public but they do not want any hot rods just old cars and people who love old cars!!! I had probably the oldest car of the bunch as most of my fellow members brought cars that could do freeway speeds.  I'm thinking about buying a bigger car for these tours and have my eye on a 1961 Cadilac Convertible!  Baby blue with white upholstery and white top!!!  Because I have found out that my 70 year old rig is fun but it does tire you out after a day of cruising.  Jon

PS. Oh of course I will not be selling Cowdodge!!!

PS. Again and I just thought a little oft subject but here is a picture of yours truly back when was 16 years old and my best buddy Model T Ford that we found in town and bought for 75 dollars!I'm the dude standing next to the car :) JonmodelT-2.jpg