P15D24 Members At The Chesapeake City Car Show

Chester Brzostowski

So tell the truth Chet. What did Melissa have to say about Jims Woody? Does she want you to get a woody just like Jims?

Don, 

Melissa liked them all.  Let's see, it took Jim 20 years to get his working so I don't think she would want to wait that long. 

Greg,

There were lots of cars.  Any street you went down was full including the parking lots.  The town was right on the canal between the Chesapeake Bay and the Delaware Bay.  Really nice place.

Had a good time at the show and it was great to see Chet, his wife and his car. Chet has accomplished so much on the car and I was glad to finally be able to see it in person.

null_zps258bca83.jpg

There were over five hundred cars at the show including 20 woodies which is a large number for an east coast show. Very few Mopar products and most of those were modified with plenty of SBCs.

I won an award for one of the top 5 woodies, which, for those who have seen my car, know this could only be because of a pity vote. My car is strictly a "driver." I also got the award for the longest travel to the show.

null_zps3cbb0836.jpg

One of the woodies was a beautiful 1950 Desoto

null_zps2de6ba83.jpg

One of my fellow local woodie chapter members, Dan Jobe, won an award for his 1941 Cadillac woodie.

null_zps079b169a.jpg

I will post pictures of the Mopar products in separate postings.

Jim Yergin

• Like 1

I met up with Jim Yergin at the Chesapeake City Car Show.  See link below for the Picture Story.

CP_CarShow06.jpg

Picture Story:    http://www.chetscoins.com/1948p15/2013/08242013.htm

Cheers Chet...

Where is Chesapeake City? Is it in Maryland?

I live just south of the city of Chesapeake in Virginia,so how about give me a heads up next time there is a show like this happening,and maybe I can get up there to meet you and look at the cars?

And,of course you are free to travel down here pretty much anytime to look at my junk collection.