1946-48 Plymouth Coupes And Convertibles

bobd1976

The convertible shared the same trunk lid (so maybe rear sheet metal) as the business coupe, and the cowl is shared with the wood bodied station wagon, and the doors are unique to the conv.  The front sheet metal is common

Edited by greg g

If I remember correctly, the P-15 convertible does not have quarter windows ( the Dodge - De Soto - Chrysler  do ),  so I would bet that it's based on the business-coupe shell.

Always liked the P-15 rag-top... nice looking car.  Wouldn't mind one in light yellow with red interior and tan top.  Or minty-green with brown interior and tan top.

The doors are unique because they don't have a window surround. If you have rotten bottom convert doors you can cut the tops off and turn coupe doors into convert doors. I believe all the 2 door models use the same exterior trim. I'd have to recheck the parts book to be certain but I have a set off a 2 dr sedan that I kept believing it fits my club coupe.

If I remember correctly, the P-15 convertible does not have quarter windows ( the Dodge - De Soto - Chrysler  do ),  so I would bet that it's based on the business-coupe shell.

Always liked the P-15 rag-top... nice looking car.  Wouldn't mind one in light yellow with red interior and tan top.  Or minty-green with brown interior and tan top.

Your right, they don't have quarter windows. I could see how those sitting in back might get claustrophobic with the top up.

Right, guys.........no rear quarter windows (referred to as blind quarters)...........

Doors and glass unique to convertible.

BVTIhngBmkKGrHgoH-EYEjlLl0H2jBKR-11.jpg

Trunk lid for convert actually has a separate part number, but a business coupe one might work.  

One from the two seat coupe definitely will not fit.  

Seat covers and door panels in convertibles are usually different from other models.  Converts came with either

cloth (like mine) or leather seats, with leather door panels.  The back seat is a bit smaller due to the side panels

being "bowed out" in order to house the top framework.  

Front and rear fenders and hood will work from any other model.  Exterior trim from either coupe should work.  

The windshield in a ragtop is shorter than others and the wipers have chrome stand-up bases unique to them and

the woody.  Very hard to find.....and fairly costly if you do.  

4720plymouth20lft20frnt20use1.jpg

1946Co121.jpg

• Like 1