1954 Plymouth Suburban Project

pflaming

Todd, I was not offering these for sale in any way shape or form, Paul simply was asking for pictures of the parts for reference and I was just trying to show him what the removable panel on the passenger side looked like.  I do apologize if my post was confusing or if I had misunderstood what his request was.  Just trying to help with sharing information that's all

• Like 1

Thankyou RNR and Frank. Big day today. My son and his two kids will put sound deadener in, panels will be tricked out for Sunday install, floor sear panels installed and bucket seats also. That will complete 90% of the interior. I have an appointment with DMV on The 4th.  Exciting times.

The pic below will look very different tomorrow. I have had most of the cargo area hardware zinc plated. That will really dress it up. 

IMG_5858.JPG

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We put sound deadener in the headliner today. Will ad some trim pieces to the edges and a broad piece down the center. A permanent one later.  This view will drastically change tomorrow when the side panels and bucket seats go in. 

IMG_5873.JPG

Edited by pflaming

Sure enjoying this thread...

Working on a lot of the same things now. On my 48 D24 .4door.

Good info on rear axle bearings.

Has been open for a year in shop.

Cleaned Blasted it out and put in grease zerk to lube bearings.  Could not believe how little grease was in there.

As for weld quality , I will take my picks from far away.

Was pretty bleak , for a while. rebuilding rockers and cab corners from scratch.  Still a Long way to go ,But now I can actually  imagine it it driving with brakes,   

Will not be as pretty as yours .

But I will happy at that for now

Steering wheel color experiment. 

P.S. To day the passenger door  top hinge pin broke. Since that one broke, spect I should remove the doors and check the other three. Bummer, one more thing to repair. 

IMG_5881.JPG

Edited by pflaming

Last night after dinner I connected the electrical harness to the battery. I did that when I wired the dash. Once connected, the dash came alive. I turned the key and the starter turned on, wow.  Electrical always concerns me which is why I used a harness from EZ wiring. Now to connect all the lights. 

OPS!  I check out mt harness earlier and all worked nicely. To day irratic results, so I revisited the switches. Should have put in new ones! OPS. so question, what sources are available to me? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2013 at 9:37 PM, pflaming said:

On line, will have to find where I found it. 

Edit: Source, Gary Bauer, Waukeasha, WI., 53188. 

I don't know how much can be stated in such a reply, so pm me for more information.

I paid $78,00. I do not know if that is a good price but I know I cannot duplicate anything close, so Gary's happy and I'm happy.

I sent you a message about the rocker panels. 

The shifter is very close to final. I've been fine tuning the small parts, linkages, bushings, connectors, etc.  Will work on the red rod gear selector trigger today. Floor is nearly fitted, ready to weld in. Still waiting for electrical parts on order so I can finalize that and the attach and fit the fenders, etc., Details eat up time and energy.

IMG_6031.JPG