1949 Busy Coupe Update

falconvan

Checkout- speedway motors- shock mounts on line, they have some that may work for you $2.99 and $3.99 EA.

Best for luck,

Doug

Jeff, just see if you can find a grade 8 bolt for that thread long enough to go through your shock. Should work fine.

OK, clutch is fixed, grill is on, and a couple of annoying oil leaks fixed. Should be road testing by next weekend! I decided to put a short build video together, check it out if you have 8 minutes to spare.

post-674-0-02773900-1401145962_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I'm excited to read your thoughts on how it runs after you do your road tests!

I figured out a workaround for my shock stud issue and did a short road test with the new rear end. It drives much better than before until the car died on the way back... Looks like I have more troubleshooting and you finally get to have fun! Great work!

Sure is great when a project nears the end. Once done you will wonder where you found the time to do all the work as most of your time will now be steering wheel time. Your slide show is terrific but one portion was a bit too fuzzy and dicey for me <_<

You're not kidding, Don. I'm ready to drive it instead of work on it for a while. Of course I have my wife's 48 to finish as she keeps reminding me.

Just try? saying to your wife, I got a 1 track mind about this car.

Most women tend to believe the 1 track part!  :lol:

DJ

I should be doing a short road test tomorrow; over the last few days I wrapped up a lot of little stuff. I built a new shifter handle with some 1/2" stainless rod, wired the radio and put a check engine light in next to it, got the carpet and seat back in, plus some other goodies. Still a fairly good list of misc to finish but it should start making some short shakedown trips this week.

post-674-0-99389100-1401667549_thumb.jpg

post-674-0-33666800-1401667559_thumb.jpg

post-674-0-34925300-1401667569_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, all. Other than a few minor bugs to address, it's pretty much done. My wife and I gave it a bath today and took it out a little. It runs and drives really nice. Should be hitting the first show next weekend.

post-674-0-66219600-1402193179_thumb.jpg

post-674-0-91220500-1402193193_thumb.jpg

post-674-0-03349300-1402193208_thumb.jpg

post-674-0-56000600-1402193220_thumb.jpg

post-674-0-35925800-1402193243_thumb.jpg

post-674-0-07010600-1402193257_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Nicely completed! Congrats on your very nice work.

DJ

Thanks! It was really nice to actually drive something instead of working on it the whole weekend. I hit two shows Saturday and drove it around a lot both days. Lots of confused people trying to figure out what the engine was. Still got a few minor bugs to address but it's all stuff I can fix on the fly. Im taking it to a Saturday night Main Street cruise next weekend; i'll try and do a short video while I'm there.

• 3 weeks later...

I  miss seeing the progress reports and am looking forward to the video.  In the meantime,.....a few still pics of the car outdoors would satisfy my need to see more of your project.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure, I'll take some at the show next weekend. How's this one in the meantime? It's my daughter so keep those thoughts clean!

Yeah, I'd like to see a front 3/4, a rear 3/4, a straight side shot, the interior and engine compartment,..for starters  :D